Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    shibababy Guest

Default RE: Pampers or Huggies (diapers)?

Honestly, I don't like either. Please give Target's Loving Touch, or second best, Wal-Mart White Cloud brands a try. No chemical scent, not too expensive. No leaks.

Thanks for this tip. I was going to post a question on whether store brand diapers work as well as the premium brands, and if there are any major differences that are noticible.

Any more feedback on storebrand diapers?

Sonia
    EDD 4/14/03
    Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Sonia,

You might want to search the archives as there has been a lot of discussion on store brand diapers in the past. No surprise, perhaps, that some brands work for some people and don't work for others. Not much different than the Huggies/Pampers debate!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

smomom Guest

I have to place my vote for Huggies ultra-trim. I haven't noticed a problem with the smell, and I love the velcro closure.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We are a HUGGIES family!!!! Ultratrims... we used the overnights when DS was leaking at night for a while... worked great and solved our problem! I can't stand the smell of Pampers...YUCK! I also like the velcro tabs on the huggies better!

It honestly depends on the child....they come in all shapes and sizes! LOL

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

atlbaby Guest

I used Huggies for the Newborn size and they were fine since Arielle was so tiny, but when a friend gave me a package of Pampers stage 1 I tried those and they fit her much better. I've been using Pampers (now the Cruisers, first the Swaddlers) ever since, and I love them!

While we are on the topic, for those of you with yound toddlers when did they graduate to stage 5s? The weight ranges overlap so much, it's hard to tell! Arielle has been in 4s for nearly 9 months I'd say and she's got plenty of room still. Just wondering...

-Rachel
    Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
    #2:) EDD 10/24/03

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

As a newborn, Ds didn't really fit the Pampers or Huggies or Tushies. We found White Cloud to be perfect! Then his diaper-covered skin turned all red in about a day. Then we found Target's Loving Touch. These are tops! Once Ds chunked up a bit we switched to Pamper's Cruisers b/c of the stretchy sides. We felt we could get a tighter non-gaping fit.
    Then we switched to cloth. They're also nice & stretchy! ;-)

I also tried Huggies stretchy-sided diapers and they don't stretch nearly as much as the pampers, plus all the gel actually coming out onto my child was not pleasing. I don't know if the Pampers are actually better for their skin or not, since the gel doesn't come out.

With Disposables, I always moved up a size after we had a couple of blow-outs up the back, in a row.

Mommy to Jonah
    Mommy to Jonah
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

brubeck Guest

My daughter stayed in both 3s and 4s for a LONG time. She was also in 5s for a long time and was about ready to go into 6s but we moved to potty-training and Easy-Ups.

I don't remember how old she was at the switches, but she was usually ready when she hit the bottom weight limit for the next size up. I could tell visually because the diaper would come well below her bellybutton and the tabs would be tight across the middle.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh...A HOT topic! We prefer Huggies Ultrathins as opposed to the Supremes. The Ultrathins seem larger than the Supremes, plus the Supreme's stretchy sides are very annoying ~ more hinder than help. We haven't had any leaks and they just "feel" like they would be more comfortable for Ian. The hospital used Pampers and I didn't like them (can't put my finger on why, though).

We also use Fragrance-free Huggies wipes. Both the NaturalCare and Supremes are great alhough I do prefer the Supremes, which are thicker. Sometimes YOU just need that little extra protection... :-) HTH!
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

shibababy Guest

Just tried a sample 2-pack of the Pampers Cruisers, they were nice. I'd buy them if I found them for a good price. I have had extensive experience with Huggies. My nieces use those. Aside from the gel that is often left on the tushy, I can't stand the smell of them. My niece spent the night here and I HAD to get up and change her in the middle of the night because I couldn"t take that strong urine smell another minute (this is a baby that sleeps all night). The Target brand is still my top choice though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2