jojo2324 Guest

Default Idea for CD posts

Okay, so I am tempted to hop on the bandwagon here, but I have to say my head is just SPINNING from all of this info about cloth diapers. I started to read through some posts last night and thought I was going to pop. Do you think some of the CD mommies out there could help compile a list of the various abbreviations, terminology, companies, etc? That way I won't feel like I'm reading Sanskrit or something! TIA! (I am going to attempt to start...)

CD - cloth diaper (DUH! :D)

CPF - Chinese prefold

AIO - all in one

FB - FuzziBunz

Okay, that is all I can remember now, and DH is lunging at the computer, so I need to jet. Thanks for any help! :D

malie Guest

Default RE: Idea for CD posts

Joanne,
    You might want to check out http://www.borntolove.com/diaperfaq.html as a starting place for information and ideas it has reviews of over 114 different diapers and covers and 182 companies that sell diapers from users (I know probably more information then you ever wanted to know). It might help you sort out some of the "players" in the diapering world. (I believe the owner of the site does sell diapers but personally I don't know anyone who has purchased anything from them, but I know of plenty of people who have used the site to start their research of cloth diapering). Companies that sell diapers are also listed by state (and country), I think you will find it a good resource (of course it could end up just confusing you more)

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks! I will definitely check that out. Had started a spreadsheet at home to keep track of all the differences between the diapers and people's preferences.

shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

kcenya Guest

check the mothering.com diapering forum... watch out, they are IN to diapers. A wealth of info though.

Here's another great site---it's a cloth diaper report card. Not all companies are on here, but it's still good. :)

http://www.macspeno.com/cdrating/cdrep.cgi
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've been working on this as a way to keep track of everything that I'm soaking up, too...I haven't updated it with all my reviews or recommendations for a few weeks though, but I have a terminology page:

http://melaniee.topcities.com/

Mommy to Jonah
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh, and I like www.diaperpin.com as another review source. Between the two sites (Cloth Diaper Consumer Report Card) and searching on mothering.com I can usually find the company I'm looking for.

Mommy to Jonah
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .