mama2be Guest

Default Rice liners...liners for CDs...

I think it was Sarah (might be wrong) who suggested not getting these recently, and pertaining to the post it was under I could not tell if she meant don't get them because you don't need them YET for newborns...or just don't get them meaning, "I don't like them!!!!"

Will I need these??? and which liners and where do you get them...

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Rice liners...liners for CDs...

I am pretty sure she meant for a newborn. They would definitely not be much help with liquidy newborn poop. The only thing I don't like about the rice paper ones is that they are SO big, I have to spend time folding them to get them to fit. After washing they do shrink a bit, which helps some, but not a lot. But they do hold up better than Kushies to washing and are cheaper.

I ordered mine from naturalbabies.com.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

mama2be Guest

Thanks Beth...I thought so just wanted to clarify I wanted to register for them, a group of friends I think are getting me the imse vimse wool covers, liners and fleece Joey Bunz...so just wanted to make certain!!!

Thanks again!!!

nohomama Guest

Beth is correct. What I was trying to say is that rice paper liners don't work well for newborns. I DO like them for older babies.

Unlike Beth I don't have a problem with the size. For me it's the shape. They're squarish and hang over the sides of the diaper. I finally gave up trying to fold them and just tuck any overhang into the diaper cover once everything is on and fastened.

Like Beth also mentioned, they hold up much better to laundering than the Kushies liners. I pull them from the washer and lay them flat to dry. I just keep laundering them until I flush them. So far, I haven't had any come out of the washer unuseable.

mama2be Guest

Thanks ladies!!!! :)