Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: A million and ONE questions

I use either a regular (not premium) prefold or 2 joeys or 1 Joey and FB insert. I don't need 3 Joeys at night for my DD, she doesn't wet that much. It's not as trim as a disposable, but trimmer than my other nighttime solution, which is a ME Sandy with a Sandy liner and one Joey all topped off by a ME Airflow cover. Talk about a huge butt!!! :)

Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Have you tried a Sandy without a cover? Someone told me they do this at night (I can't recall with or without liner/soaker) and they never have a wet bed.

PS My Motherease order finally got here today! I ordered on the 31st...so I guess 10 days isn't bad b/c of the holiday. They look nice and thick...off to the washer they go. I got all unbleached so I guess it will be a while. Am I assuming correctly that the covers only need 1 washing to go?

I'm getting a SugarPlum and missed out on the SOS for today. I could only stay home SO long waiting for those things to go on sale. Oh well...Dh will freak when he sees I spent $80 to do a return anyway...hehehe...yep, it's addicting, and I don't feel I'm overbuying at all...we'll still only have enough for 2 days when I get all my stuff.

Mommy to Jonah
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

You DEFINITELY need a cover with a Sandy. While the Sandy is very absorbant, I can't imagine not using a cover. Now, that being said, many CD mamas are into letting their babies going coverless at home and changing them at the first hint of wetness. That's not me.

And you really don't need more than 2 days worth. Most people do laundry every 2-3 days.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

sparkeze Guest

Sandy's w/o a cover? Wow, even when I have it on DS for 2 hours during the day it would get everything wet w/o a cover. They're pretty absorbant, but not THAT absorbant! I don't think a Sandy's would be close to making it through the night for us. My DS nurses practically all night (maybe 6-8 times?) so he's a pretty heavy wetter - but just at night. Otherwise he's just an average wetter.

I think for Sandys, even though they're unbleached, 2 washes should be fine. Covers just need one washing. I hope you like the Airflows!

BTW - I'm seeing signs of addiction!

nohomama Guest

I have never washed my covers before using them and have never seen a need.

Default Never mind!

Moved my question to a more appropriate thread. :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3