Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Covers for CDs

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: Stacinator fleece covers

Thanks. I wandered over there...hehehe...Fuzbaby diapers for $75! Oh MY!

Mommy to Jonah
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I know! But it's "diaper art"! My DH would DIE!

For anyone curious, check out www.fuzbaby.com and click on the "Diaper Garden".
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Default RE: Covers for CDs

When dd was a newborn, I loved my cpfs w/ProRaps covers. They held in bf poop SO well! I think in 6 months we had like 3 leaks! Disposables leaked WAAAY more often than that! :) I would definitely recommend a Snappi tho. It's really very easy to use and helps hold in poop even better! :D

I have one fleece cover made by a WAHM and I don't like if for several reasons. 1. It leaks through almost every time. I can put a diaper and a ProRap on dd and she's fine for 2 or more hours. I put the fleece cover on over the same diaper and in 2 hours, she's wet. 2. It's bulky. So many little girl clothes have tighter leggings type pants and fleece is WAAAY to bulky.

The above reasons are also why I didn't like the wool cover I had. It was a very well rated WAHM cover, but it leaked (even after being lanolized) and gave dd a HUGE diaper butt. LOL
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

mama2be Guest

Love the watermellon one...diaper of pink with seeds and cover of green...also loved the blue cover with the fish...but the others are way to busy for me...

Tahnks for sharing that link nice to look at :)

mama2be Guest

Angela I have PFs and Prowarap covers waiting for newborn...did you trifold or do the "wing thing"...

I have cut fleece with wings, so not shaped like a doubler anctually shaped more like a diaper that I was going to line them with...

I hear mixed things about trifolding...I know all babies are different and different people do different things that work but was curious what you did since you used the same products as I will... :)

I tried the trifold thing and wound up with poop all over the inside of the cover every time! That fold works fine now that my dd is 8 months old tho and only poops a few times a day and more solid when she does. :)

When she was a newborn tho, I did the wing thing and used a Snappi. That works great to hold poop in!
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

I am just curious, what is the "wing thing"? Is that when you open up the back of the prefold to wrap around the baby to pin or snappi?

Cheryl :)

mama2be Guest

I didn't know what else to call it...but yes that is what I meant :)

I might have boo boo'd because someone recommended the trifold and then they cut their fleece with the "wings" thus it looks kind of hour glass looking, I cut 24 of them but maybe should go buy some more and have some that resemble the typical "sanitary napkin" shape incase the trifold does not work and I have to do the "wing thing"...

this gal had a trifold in the cover and then her fleece is what wrapped around the baby and their upper leg...it seemed to make sense at the time...

I also bought fleece from the local walmart and assume it is not this mm fleece...hope that it works, it sure is soft :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2