Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    joodyjr Guest

Default RE: I'm discouraged with CDing and baby isn't even here yet...

My favorite WAHM diapers are SOS by Christiansen Creations. They are hands down, my absolute favorite, over Fuzzibunz and Motherease. But it's true, what works for my DD doesn't mean it's the standard for all babies. I've gone through A LOT of diapers trying to find what works best for us. It just so happens that the diapers I favor are WAHM diapers. I read rave reviews of Fuzzi Bunz, but to be honest, I don't care for them. Now that Emily is getting bigger and her legs are filling out, they are working out better than they did, I still wouldn't put them in my top 5 list of favorite diapers.

Sugar Peas are another good example of WAHM diapers. Carrie sews diapers in her home in between raising her two daughters. Unfortunately, as with her and other WAHM sites, the diapers are very hard to come by. I buy as many as I can get my hands on when their instock stores are filled.

I did spend a lot more money than I intended in my pursuit to cloth diaper, but I'm glad I got a little bit of everything to try. I'm very happy with our "system" and can just sell what doesn't work on Ebay. I had some diapers and covers that Emily only wore once or not at all.

joodyjr Guest

Hey, we posted at the same time.
    I just realized, she's worried about the diapers.. she should be worried about how she's going to get that baby out!!! LOL
    Just kidding, it's a piece of cake!

Don't give up, it ALL gets easier!

:7

mama2be Guest

OH you're mean!!!!! :):):)

What's the term when you focus your energy on the issue that is not the real issue??? I would agree I just might be doing that. I swear my tummy is growing and growing so fast lately (I've gained 11 pounds as of last Friday) but looking at me it appears I am delivering twins and still have two months to go)...I am all "front end"!!!

I was in Marshalls the other day shopping and one kid just said "daddy...daddy...daddy..." I swear like a broken record for 5 minutes and the father was ablivious (ignored the child and left us to listen to it)...that alone was enough to have me clamp these legs together and never let the baby come out :)

sparkeze Guest

I do agree with the previous posters that diapering is not the most important thing to worry about...in fact, I had been planning to use cloth before DS was born but after using disposable for the first couple weeks I just didn't have time to think about switching. I think I did decide to switch when I actually got a breather - at 6mo! Well, that's an overstatement but you get what I mean!

Newborns get changed at least 12 times a day. I wouldn't be surprised if you might get up to 16 times in a 24 hour period. After a few days of this you'll wonder what the fuss was all about since at that point you can do it when you're a walking zombie...which you may be most of the time anyways!

But all kidding aside, spend the last 2 months of your pregnancy enjoying your time alone and with your hubby. After your baby's born you'll wish you would have taken more advantage of this time! I was really anxious and excited before DS was born about the inns and outs of having a baby but there's really nothing to completely prepare you for what it's going to be like. You'll be exhausted, sleep-deprived, achy, and all that, but everytime you get a chance to take a deep breath and gaze at your baby you'll be reenergized to do it all another day. I do wish I would've done more things I had wanted to do that you can't do with a baby before DS was born. So let me live vicariously through you! Do some fun things!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Absolutely!!!

If you want to live vicariously for me too :) go see every movie I really want to see right now. We haven't seen a movie in a theater since last December!!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

mama2be Guest

Funny you all say that because last night I told Steve that I wanted to go to New Orleans...(never been). He said "when???" I said "next week" :)

mamahill Guest

I'm green with envy. Going anywhere now is a huge production.

A friend of mine is going to CD, and has been adamant about it for the past 10 years (this will be her first baby) - way to go! - but she has already stockpiled disposables for the first 2-3 weeks because she isn't sure what to expect in the fatigue department. I mention this only because I wouldn't scrap the whole CD idea, but I would have some disposables. That way if you happen to have a really small baby, or you just don't have the energy to juggle CDing along with no sleep, breastfeeding, healing in all regions, taking care of stitches (hopefully not!), sore nipples, bleeding, etc., you'll have a back-up method.

And by all means, ENJOY this time with DH. I was unemployed (thank you dot-com bust) a few months before having Ainsleigh and have NEVER regretted the time I had to spend on myself just relaxing, reading, and doing whatever either by myself or with DH. Even now I look back and think, "Ah, good times!"

joodyjr Guest

I agree with the disposable diapers for the first week or so idea. I was nervous to start CD'ing Emily. I don't know why but I kept procrastinating. My mom was here the second week and I decided to just do it. She showed me how to pin the diaper. That's when I discovered Snappi's! Love em!

My first week with Emily, I was full of adrenaline. I cleaned, did the laundry, kept up with my 2 year old to just about the same extent as when I was pregnant. The next week, I crashed. Hard. I'm still recovering and she's 10 weeks old today.. LOL. Just kidding. I wish I had of taken people up on their offer to do stuff. I'm just weird that way I guess.

If you need to, use disposables the first week or so, (especially with the meconium poopy!). Just worry about resting and getting to know your baby. Then you can begin exploring the wonderful world of cloth diapers! It is fun, actually. Emily wears disposables to bed at night (don't ask me why, that's just what we do :)) and in the morning, when I change her out of that stinky icky disposable and put a soft, fleecy or velvety diaper on her little tushy, I know how comfy she is. That makes me feel good.

Hi. I'm a newbie to the boards, but I've been cding dd#2 for 6 months now. I bought infant sized cpfs and newborn proraps to use when she was tiny. I didn't start using them until she was about 2.5 weeks old tho. I needed time to recover before I started hauling diapers to the basement laundry room! LOL

I found in the beginning that the 'fold a cpf in thirds and lay in the cover' was a myth. LOL Newborn poo is RUNNY! A Snappi is a lifesaver (and cover saver). We only ever had one 'poop out the leghole' incident and that was when I didn't use a Snappi. :)

When dd outgrew the infant cpfs at about 4 months of age, I resold them thru one of the cding boards online for almost what I paid for them. My ProRaps went too for the same price I paid for them. :)
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2