sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default what about CD for work-outside-the-home moms?

I was initially convinced I would want to CD, but sort of gave up, figuring that daycare would never go for it. Anybody try it? For people who combo-diaper (disposables and CD), what's your strategy? How much did you buy?

shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: what about CD for work-outside-the-home moms?

Sharon,

My DC uses CDs on DS. I send a reusable diaper sack for the dirty ones. If I don't, they put each dirty diaper in a plastic grocery sack. They have a large rubbermaid-type container in which they keep his dirty diaper bag.

I send one clean cover with him every day, and he usually has at least two other covers in his basket at school.

I know DC would prefer to use disposables, but they're willing to CD.

We use a diaper service. DS is 7 months, and I send 5 diapers with him each day.

My favorite covers right now are Bummis and Diaperraps.

HTH
    Suzanne
    Benjamin 5/1/02

mama2be Guest

I've been told I might havet rouble with a daycare if I CD and if I go back to work. I don't know how they can argue AIO's since they are so much like a diaper from what I can tell...

I bet different ones have differnt rules on this and it is probably based on their experience. But wonder the same thing...

corrie Guest

When I asked this ? on another board, I was basically advised not to present it to the DC like an option (e.g. "Would you be willing to let me use CDs?" ) rather present it as a given ("These are the diapers baby uses. Are you familiar with them, or do you need me to show you how they work?" ) I plan on using fuzzi bunz when babe's in DC. I will prestuff them and send them along with a waterproof diaper bag. I too figure that they're just like a sposie (except they snap rather than have the sticky/velcroey tabs) and hope they won't protest. If they do, I'm considering bending the truth and just saying that baby is allergic to sposies (hopefully it won't come to that).

-Corrie

*edited to remove unintended emoticons

kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hi, Shannon!

I worked in the infant room at DD's daycare for about 2 months when I was trying to decide whether to be a SAHM or work prn again as a speech therapist. Anyway, one of the little boys in the 1 year old class had to wear cloth diapers, because he was allergic to disposables. He had to be changed in the infant room, because the diaper pail sent in by his mom would have been gotten into by the other 1 year olds. Our rooms were connected, so there was no problem with switching him from room to room. We had no difficulty with it. I just had to get in the swing of things with learning how to fold the diaper, etc., but once I had that down, the other teachers told me that I could just keep on changing him, since I seemed to put them on him better!! He only came to daycare 3 times a week, but his mom would take the pail home on the last day. No one at the daycare had a problem with cloth diapering.

HTH and good luck with everything!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)