pritchettzoo Guest

Default I'm choosing a cover, not a college...

It's just going to get pooped and peed on and very likely will not alter my child's life in any meaningful way. So why can't I make a decision???

I had it down to Bumpys and Nikkys, and I was going to try a couple of each. Well, the Nikky site has something called Nijis and the Bumpy site is out of everything!

Nijis are for slimmer-thighed babes, but it says they fit average thighs as well. I guess hers are average. So which ones? And what about wool Nikkys/Nijis? Are these better or the same as wool Bumpys?

I have spent WAY too much time on this. My DH is about to shoot me and has said he'll just order something if I don't.

HELP!

Anna
    INDECISIVE Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

liya Guest

Default RE: I'm choosing a cover, not a college...

LOL....bUmpys, nikkys and nijis are ALL the same thing in a matter of speaking. They all have almost the same format and they all have the soft gussets in the bottom. It all comes down to what FITS best on Gracie...

parkersmama Guest

I know you can't wait this long but I'll definitely have Amy Grace in a Bumpy (but not wool) when we meet in Atlanta. I love the Bumpys but I agree with Linda that they are essentially the same. I don't own any Nicky/Niji covers but would definitely be interested in trying one. I think you should try one of each and see how they fit her...then you'll know which one to get more of.

I would personally get the Nikky's. I have tried all three of these types of covers, and the Nikkys were my favorite. They remind me of a great fiiting trim disposable diaper. They are high cut enough in the thigh area that they don't cover the top part of your baby's thigh, making it difficult to move around, and leaving red marks--as the Bumpy covers did on my DS Joshua. But, Nikky's are still cut generously enough that you can trifold a prefold and lay in into the cover, and it still fits (this dosn't work with some other trim covers.)
    The Bumpy covers were wider all over, and covered up too much stomach area and leg area for my cruising baby. I loved the soft knit outer print cover, but I can see that after many washes it will be all faded looking. Too bad, beacuse I wanted printed diapers. but this way, there won't be anything to fade, and the solid white will be good for a boy or girl with my next child someday.

The Nijis were really more for skinny babies with thin thighs. I wouldn't bother if Gracie has average to chubby thighs (as most babies do).

Happy to help,

Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

sugarsnappea Guest

I have no experience with Bumpys or wool. I only use Nikkys and am super happy with them. The Nijis are for thinner babies. One thing to consider is that you may go thru more sizes of them as the baby grows. A friend had a long slender baby and started with the Nijis but her baby soon needed a new size every few months. My Gracie has chunky thighs but is about average aroung the middle.
    I don't know what Nikky site you are refering to, but babyworks.com will let you "try" them out and return within a reasonable amount of time if they don't fit. I believe she carries Nikky and Niji. If she is out there is also babybunzandco.com. :) HTH!