Default CD Trial - finally tried the Motherease diaper

What prompted this little experiment...this Sunday Ryan is getting nudie pics done at the studio and I started thinking about how long it would take to get rid of the marks on his legs and tushy from the disposables. I took off his diaper and timed it and it took almost 15 minutes for the marks to go away. How would I work this for the pictures since I surely wouldn't want marks in the professional pics we are *finally* having taken?!?! I thought to myself, "the cloth diapers might work since it's in the afternoon he usually doesn't poop so it would be easy and mess free." So, I put on the big one size diapers (some may remember how they floated on him when I posted a pic) and they fit much better with 3 extra pounds on him since last time I tried them on him. He had already pooped twice today so I knew it would be easy and I could just do my experiment and wash them for Sunday. Well he wore them through his 30 minute nap and then through his feeding. Apparently mommy does not know his poop schedule the way she thought she did! Sounded like a good one and I started laughing thinking this was definitely the way to test out the blowout factor on CD's the way you guys talk about. TMI, but he has had very liquid poopy lately (teething?) and I know he would have had a major blow out with a sposie! I got on the motherease website so I knew how to wash them and all that jazz and just started laughing. I called DH and told him it said to rinse in the toilet so does that mean I just swish it around in the toilet? He said, "yes that's what it means....that's not that bad" I say "how do I get the toilet water dripping diaper to the washer then?" he said "go get a plastic bag" so I swished it around the toilet water and it did nothing but whatever. It is now in the washer right now! A little blowout got on the cover though!

And my red marks experiment showed only leg marks from the cover so should I tighten it or will that make it susceptible to leaks? No marks in other places though!

So, it was fairly easy and I am going to look into CD'ing again.

I will read through the threads again on the best ones to buy and Denise (parkersmama) is going to show me some on Amy Grace next month at our Georgia gathering. He is a sticklet though at 14 pounds and about 26 inches so I know you guys will have to suggest some winners when I narrow it down! Lori I'll have to get one of your grannies soakers too since they are so cool.

Thought you would appreciate someone else that was on the fence to join the CD club. :P
    Mom to R and R

pritchettzoo Guest

Default RE: CD Trial - finally tried the Motherease diaper

Oh, you'll be pushed off that fence all right!

I hadn't even thought of CDing until I started lurking here. It would never have crossed my mind. And here we are without a 'sposie that fits in the house!

If the poop is like newborn BF poop, you don't even have to rinse it--just chuck it in the washer. We haven't moved past that sort of poop yet, so I have no insight as to that. From reading other posts, solid poop is supposed to just peel off fleece, so you could get some fleece and cut it up for liners.

I've got some Fuzzi Bunz that don't fit DD yet--I can bring them for Ryan to try on if you want!

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

mommyj Guest

It's great you're looking into CDing again!
    If you don't want to deal with swishing, I highly recommend buying a mini-shower. You can get them at naturalbabies.com or naturalebaby.com. I swear it was the best $35 I've ever spent. DS poos all the time, and all I have to do is spray off my dipes, ring them out, & then I don't have to worry about a stinky diaper pail. Plus, I have to admit it's kind of fun to spray the dipes...my friend's dh wanted to buy one as soon as he saw it, and they don't even CD.
    Anyway, welcome back to the club :)

parkersmama Guest

Debbi, you need to let me know what diapers you want to see! Which ones will knock you off the fence? :) I'll try to bring an assortment and, of course, it's not like I have one of everything! LOL!