Default aargh! Landromats, and other issues

I've been in a hotel for week, and MIL was here with me babysitting. We've been using disposables during the day and cloth at night, so tonight I had to go to a landromat to wash diapers. I did one wash on hot, that was my only option.

The poop stains did not come out of my Fuzzibunz! I didn't think fleece stained. I expected the Joeybunz to be stained, but not the FB. I hope they come clean when I get to my mom's and can do my usual cold soak before the hot wash. They look kinda gross.

Tomorrow we leave to drive to Florida, and she will be back in cloth for the trip. She has a diaper rash that I think might be yeast. I'm thinking maybe grandma didn't change her soon enough after she pooped. Poor little red baby bottom will be in a car seat for hours, I hope it doesn't hurt. She cries when I change her, but then seems to be okay. If it is yeast, I don't want to put any cream on it, right?

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

pritchettzoo Guest

Default RE: aargh! Landromats, and other issues

If it's yeast, you can put Lotrimin cream (athlete's foot stuff) on it. I don't know what would happen if you did that and it wasn't yeast though. Maybe a pharmacist could be helpful?

Have a safe trip!

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you know it's yeast...

We did Lotrimin then Triple Paste and then Vaseline to keep the first two from washing off. Ds had it from antiobiotics and diarrea. I'm not sure that she'd get a yeast rash without some other factor besides not just being changed enough. Try Triple Paste anyway and if it clears up w/out the lotrimin, then you know.

Edited to add: Triple paste is found behind the pharmacist's counter in a jar, but it's not prescription.

nohomama Guest

If you do use Lotrimin, which can be very effective in treating a yeast rash, make very sure that you do NOT use it near Logan's vagina. Both of my peds warned me of this.

Once you get to your Mom's house, I'd recommend letting Logan go sans diaper as much as possible, use cloth wipes/wash clothes and water instead of wipes (and only when necessary), and try to make sure her bits and bum stay dry, dry, dry. One more thing you can try is dusting with cornstarch. We found this to be very effective in remedying a VERY bad yeast rash Lola had last year. Some folks find the opposite to be true, that cornstarch actually feeds the yeasties and aggrivates the rash, but for us that was not the case. Keeping her as dry as possible will be key though, so let her wave in the breeze and change her frequently.

One other thing you might try is giving Logan acidopholis. If she's eating solids, just mix some of the powder in with her food. Otherwise you can see if she'll take it by spoon or finger.

Good luck. I hope Logan's bum feels better soon.

I looked up yeast rash, and I don't think it is yeast. I've been letting her go without a diaper all morning. (in the hotel crib with a towel) It's looking much better. I think I am going to get some aquaphor for the drive, or some triple paste whichever I can find.

I gotta say, this naked baby is just too cute. I'm nursing her now, with a towel on my lap and she just farted so maybe I won't think she is so cute in a minute or two!

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

toomanystrollers Guest

LOL :) Have a safe trip

parkersmama Guest

LOL! Naked babies are the cutest! :) Of course, with millions of $$ worth of CDs sitting in there, it kills me to say that!

I hope the trip goes well and her little bottom clears up quickly!