Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: *%#$ Huggies...

divabell Guest

Default *%#$ Huggies...

I don't know what's going on here--why does DS end up with worker's cleavage with every diaper I put on him? We've had some really bad leaks if we don't catch it in time. Is it me or the diaper? Maybe it's because his belly button *still* isn't dry so we have to keep it uncovered? Any ideas? Thanks!

amp Guest

Default RE: *%#$ Huggies...

We haven't been able to successfully use Huggies yet. We had to switch to Pampers Swaddlers and then to Cruisers. Lately, we've been able to use the Target Loving Touch (?) and Walmart White Clouds during the day too with little leakage. Huggies always leaked for us. I suggest you try a small pkg. of a different dipe to see if something else works. If you sign up at Pamper's webite, they will also send you coupons and sample dipes, so you could try them that way too.

Try pulling the diaper up in the back to cover everything, and then folding the front down to protect the belly button stump. So it is higher in the back than in the front.

Or try a different brand of diaper. Every baby has a different body shape and every brand of diaper is just a little different. It's like finding the right puzzle piece.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

peanut4us Guest

Are you using the Newborn size or the size ones? If NB, I would give the ones a shot... also, a nurse at the hospital nearly laughed her head off at me when I diapered Sara. Her diaper was definately "on" but she showed me that you really have to fasten it tight! That'll help to hold everything in.

We also had to change her a lot. She was a peeing machine and if the diaper was wet even a little, those first few weeks the poo was everywhere! Good luck.

jmofarrill Guest

The newborn dipes only fit A for a couple of weeks before we moved up to a size 1. I think we should have started her out in a size 1, though. You don't need the cord-cutout, just fold down the top of the diaper and he'll be fine.

Now we cd, and no more leaks! LOL

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That diaper is too small - Huggies (in fact, all newborn dipes) were like that on Colin at the beginning. Size 1 dipes are much better, and so are Pampers (vs. Huggies). You can keep his belly button uncovered by folding down the front of any diaper. We used size 1 dipes all along and had no belly button problems.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

We had the best luck with Pampers Swaddlers size 1. So you may want to try a few brands of diapers before you find one you like best. I have some coupons for Swaddlers if you like. Email me at seattlemom25 @ yahoo.com No spaces :)
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

divabell Guest

Thanks for the suggestions, all. These are the size 1's that we're using--I think Ben is about 12 lbs right now and they're supposed to go up to 14 lbs, so they shouldn't be too small, right? I do have a pack of Pampers in size 1 so I'll try those. This is just driving me crazy. It seems like no matter how high I pull the diaper up in the back, it still slips down. Well, we'll keep experimenting!

todzwife Guest

Dallin went to size 2's this Christmas- he was about 12-13 pounds. It might be time to move up a size again!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The top weights on diaper packages are grossly overstated, IMO. We usually moved up long before that, partially because Colin is so tall. By 12 lbs we were definitely in size 2 diapers!

If the diaper is slipping down, he's definitely outgrown it, no matter what the package says!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast