Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: *%#$ Huggies...

divabell Guest

Default RE: *%#$ Huggies...

Oh, how depressing... anyone need some size 1's? :)

I thought Huggies were awful w/ DS (now 8 mos). I've had great luck w/ Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers. I use Luvs (cheaper!) w/ my 2 year old girl, but haven't tried them for DS because he pees a lot more.

I had trouble at night though even w/ Pampers. I haven't found the Diaper Doublers yet, but have tried the Huggies Overnights, and so far they are actually doing a good job! So now it's Pampers in the day and Huggies Overnights at night. I heard Walmart overnights were good too. Have used them for about 4 nights now and no wet clothes!!

Going up a size can help too.. :-)

Stephanie
    Sophia 8/4/01
    Anthony 5/11/03

ghs517 Guest

Huggies leaked like crazy for us, too! We used Pampers Cruisers successfully. Now that we're on to size 2 and (mostly) sleeping at night, we do Luvs during the day and Pampers at night.

I'm donating my half-used Huggies pack, as well as the unopened one, to the local pregnancy center.

GHS, mom to Isabella, 9/2003

It always seemed to me that Huggies have a smaller "rise" than Pampers. There also seems to be a difference between Huggies supreme vs UT. We usually use the supreme but when those start to get too short we move up to Pampers swaddlers/cruisers in the same size before going up a size in the huggies supremes. Right now DS fits Swaddlers 2's but Huggies supreme 3's.
    Lynne
    Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

IMO Huggies are worthless for a baby under 4 mos of age.... breastfed OR bottlefed. They leak leak leak! Pampers work much better for this age group.
    After 4-6 mos Huggies work fine. In fact I like them better now for my 8 mo old.
    And for any diaper make sure you are using the right size. Many have found that you need to move up a size a couple of lbs before your baby hits the limit on the current size (or the minimum weight on the next size up - same thing).
    hth!

edited to add: I also found that the walmart brand overnights work wonderfully for night time! I'm way impressed with them and they are not very pricey. I think they start in size 3 though - something to keep in mind for the future.....
    Maria
    ~Mama to 4~
    ~Foster mama to baby girl R born 8/08~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2