mamahill Guest

Default $20 to spend at NaturalBabies.com - what to get?

I friend just gave me a $20 gift certificate to NaturalBabies.com (woohoo!), but now I can't decide what to get. Here's what I've considered: Bumpy Night Cover, a Wool cover, other covers?

We're basically using all PFs at this point. Night-time we're disposable-ing it because she wets so much (hence I'd like to try the Bumpy Night cover). I really like the pfs, but also occasionally use my ME onesize and kissaluvs.

What would YOU get if you had $20 to spend? I could always use more Burt's Bees diaper cream, but that seems so boring...

toomanystrollers Guest

Default RE: $20 to spend at NaturalBabies.com - what to get?

Ok, have you tried any fuzzibunz? I just looked at naturalbabies, and I would suggest a white fuzzibunz $13.45 w/a MOE insert $2.99 and two hemp joeybunz inserts - puts you a couple bucks over - but it's a great nighttime combination.

Honestly I don't think the Bumpy Night cover or any wool cover will help your night time diapering when using just prefolds. You need to bump up your absorbancy first.

HTH

Fuzzibunz! $20 should get you one plus some joeybunz to stuff it with. (get two for nighttime)

I feel like I have graduated now, here I am giving advice to someone who I learned from when I first started. :)

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

I would get a Fuzzibunz if you want to use a CD at night. They absorb a lot!
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

liya Guest

If she is wetting way too much fuzzibunz might not work. And i think if i remember correctly you do have some on hand dont you ?? LOL I dont think Bumpy Night covers will last you all night( i mean the prorap will last you longer than the bumpy night..LOL) and as for the bumpy wool i do love it but i dont know how it would work with just a CPF for night time.

Frankly i dont know what i would get..LOL I would probably also get some burts and bees or do you think you might need the next size up in prefolds?? That could be also a good thing...

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The Bumpy night cover isn't much better than the Bumpy day cover - we have had leaks every time we've tried to use one at nighttime.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

mamahill Guest

Thanks, all. Unfortunately (?) we have the FBs but I've pretty much given up on them. Two JBs don't contain the liquids. I resorted to a pf in there, but even that doesn't cut it. Of course, I haven't tried to overnight her in prefolds since we moved her up a size, so maybe that's where I need to start. I was just so sick of doing so much laundry after so many mornings of EVERYTHING wet. Hmm, what to do... That diaper cream is looking better...

toomanystrollers Guest

Sarah,
    What about trying a different overnight insert for your FB's? I swear by the hemp soakers/prefolds at www.littlelounginglizards.com (too bad naturalbabies doesn't offer similiar). My super soaking 2 1/2 yo ds can go all night with a Nighty Newt prefold - stuffed into his Happy Heiny - good size bubble butt - but he doesn't mind :) There's no way I could use JB's on him - it would take about 5 to make through the night.

HTH

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Well, if you just want something fun, you could get her a leopard or zebra print Bumkins AIO or cover. And then the diaper cream too. :)

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

mamahill Guest

Hmm - I do have a nighty newt, but haven't tried it for a while (good heavens, maybe I should just USE what I have!!). I wonder if it will fit in a petite toddler FB? Hmm.

And Beth - I just bought a Zebra print Bumkins from Maria - LOL! But maybe I need a leopard print as well.

Geez, do you ever feel like shouting, "Here's my money, give me something!"