Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    cvharris Guest

Default RE: Grrr, I'm not feeling the CD love right now (warning: mildly strong la...

Zen, you are lucky. I have tried using just a small amount of sportswash (half a capful) and it doesn't get the pee smell out at all and my dipes were coming out with stains, which they didn't when I used Tide. The worst part was that DS was getting a little rash and when I stopped using the sportswash he never got it anymore.

I think it really depends on the type of water and machine that you might have. I do agree that fibers do hold onto the extra detergent and I usually do an insane amount of rinses to get all the suds out. I think that because I have moderately hard water here, I need to use Tide just to get the diapers clean - I use about a 1/4 capful. I have a top loading machine.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

Default RE: Grrr, I'm not feeling the CD love right now (warning: mildly strong language)

Denise, my DS nurses several times a night and as a result no CD has ever worked. But then last night I stuffed a FB with a Nightly Newt soaker and got AWESOME results!!! Not a single leak and I'm talking 11 hours.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Default RE: Grrr, I'm not feeling the CD love right now (warning: mildly strong language)

Denise:

Don't forget to seal all openings with duct tape while you're at it. ;)

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

cvharris Guest

Angie...I did the same and he leaked! Did you add one of her doublers to the nighty newt? I'm thinking I need to do that.

No I didn't add a doubler. His butt was so stiff though I think anything more and I wouldn't have been able to close the diaper, lol. I got the soaker yesterday and although she prewashes, I did wash and try twice. So maybe mine were a little more absorbant?
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

ELTAZ Guest

I was having major wicking problems (during the day, after just 2 hours or so) with my HHs & FBs. Someone recommended half a capful of Sportwash, and that's been working for me! Now I'm just having minor wicking at the legs, and I believe I need to spray that with some waterproofing spray, which apparently I can buy at atsko.com (or astko.com - I forget which order those letters are in). I know that duckybuns.com also sells a waterproofing spray, so that's probably where I'll end up getting mine.

So, I hope you find the solution to your problem. I agree with trying Sportwash (found in the camping section of Walmart, near the bug repellent).

ELTAZ Guest

I was having major wicking problems (during the day, after just 2 hours or so) with my HHs & FBs. Someone recommended half a capful of Sportwash, and that's been working for me! Now I'm just having minor wicking at the legs, and I believe I need to spray that with some waterproofing spray, which apparently I can buy at atsko.com (or astko.com - I forget which order those letters are in). I know that duckybuns.com also sells a waterproofing spray, so that's probably where I'll end up getting mine.

So, I hope you find the solution to your problem. I agree with trying Sportwash (found in the camping section of Walmart, near the bug repellent).

parkersmama Guest

Angie and Carolee,
    Keep me posted on the Nighty Newts...they are intriguing. I am really hoping that when the several times nightly nursing stops, the overnight diapering will become easier!

liya Guest

K i tried odoban on a stinker today....I have some as well...And while it did hide away the smell it didnt take it fully away and OMG was that smell strong!!! YUCK i couldnt take it....I dont like tide either btw :) we have been using the Costco detergent and MELAPOWER.. MELAPOWER!!!Awsome stuff!! :)

Bleach....The one i bleached was a print and nothing happened to it...I obviously didnt abuse the amount of the bleach i just placed a tinz in a huge load through the dispensor...You can get colorsafe bleach too i know tiffany from fluffymail uses that once and month and that keeps her stuff nice and clean..She even mentioned it on MDC once...I used the regular stuff but not alot of it...Just 1 tbs that was ENOUGH to do the trick on a huge load(with the one diaper..LOL an abuse of water i know ...sigh)....But if you feel safer with the colorsafe stuff be all means use it...:)

I had to edit to say this again...When i say i tried everything i have tried everything TTO etc..Nothing worked with this stinker nothing..Not even my MELAPOWER(i have found that evne though this det is eco friendly i havent had any issues with coating in my pull or anything and it has TTO in it already)....Lets see i have TTO, GSE, Lavander OIl..LOL you name it i had it...As far as the boiling i would be worried about the snaps...Although i know they could withstand it i would still worry..Plus the fact that i think im too lazy to boil each and every one of my diapers :)

HTH

cvharris Guest

I didn't wash or dry them, I just used one right away since she prewashed them before sewing. You are right though, since it is hemp they will get more absorbant after washing. I better go wash them now so I have one ready for tonight!

Denise - looks like she is open for orders again!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast