Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    cmig Guest

Default Recommendations for Diaper Wipes

I'm a new mom-to-be and am currently trying to figure out what kind of diaper wipes I should stock up before my son arrives. I'm looking for something unscented and alcohol free. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

papal Guest

Default RE: Recommendations for Diaper Wipes

If you mean cloth wipes then the favs here are Darling Diapers (sherpa/velour combo).
    I got mine at CosmicBabyShop (sherpa/velour) and love them. For a newborn baby's soft tushie.. cloth wipes are really good. They suggested cotton balls in the hospital but they were a PITA to use.

westchicagomom Guest

If you are talking about disposable wipes....

We started w/ Huggies Newborn ultrasensitive and DD developed a bad rash. I was ordering some Mustela products on-line and decided to try their wipes (very expensive!). Upon using them for a day or two, the rash disappeared. After using up the Mustela, we went back to the Huggies - rash returned. We then ordered a case of the Mustela and I started looking for other cheaper alternatives. We tried Seventh Generation baby wipes (natural food stores or on-line at Gaiam.com) and those worked well. We also tried a local grocery store brand (Look for packages that say cloth or cloth-like wipes - the paper ones are like sandpaper compared to those) and those worked too. I just recently tried Lansinoh brand (from Target) and those worked great too (although they were a bit oily). We have settled on the BRU/TRU Especially for Baby Premium Softcloths for Newborns unscented. When you buy them in a box of 6 they are about $2-3 a package.

If you search on this board you will find other recommendations. A lot depends on your baby's skin sensitivity. You might not want to stock up on any of the brands since you don't know what will work!

HTH!

Pam
    Mom to Lilabeth (9/03)

If you want disposable wipes, the Costco Kirkland brand wipes are wonderful. We started off using Huggie newborn wipes, but found them too thick and they just seemed to smear everything around rather than actually wiping it away. The Kirkland wipes are soft, made of real cloth, small enough to get into small places, and you can get 600 at a reasonable price (In packs of 96, so they're managable sizes.)
    Cathleen
    Mom to DS 8, DD 5 and a Greyhound Princess

I'm a diehard Huggie wipes fan. I get the Natural Care Unscented.
    I do have the Cosco Kirkland wipes too and they come in a close second.......
    Maria
    ~Mama to 4~
    ~Foster mama to baby girl R born 8/08~

cmig Guest

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!!

JenCA Guest

We use the Mustela wipes and LOVE them, but they're so expensive! I've tried just about every other brand, but they feel like sandpaper compared to the Mustela wipes. Are the Seventh Generation wipes soft? (Funny, we use Seventh Generation dish soap--I don't think I realized they make baby products, too!).

twinmama Guest

I second this, I love the Costco wipes. Because they're not in a tub, they're great to keep in diaper bags or to use when travelling. I also use them to take off make up or to freshen up if I don't have time to take a shower.

Costco Wipes!!!! They are the best and my absolute favorite! They are soft and lotioney. And you can't beat the price...

If you don't have a membership then..

I like the Pampers Natural Aloe Touch Unscented. They are strong and durable yet sensitive for my DS. The only annoying thing is they are so wet that I practically have to wring them out before use. The Sensitive wipes weren't wet enough. Plus we use cloth diapers and they'd shred in the wash.

When my DS was a newborn we used Especially for Baby Newborn Soft Cloths Unscented. They were wonderful! They are the BRU and TRU brand. However, upon comparison they are almost identical to the Costco wipes. We stopped using them because for some reason Pampers wipes are cheaper. Unless of course you buy the big box but it was difficult to find a big box of Unscented wipes and I am scared to try anything sensitive because I don't want a rash.

Huggies Natural Touch gave my DS a terrible rash. I still have a bunch hanging around. I bought a huge box on a big sale at target and I regret it. Not only did they give my son a rash but they weren't very soft and I found the fact that they were a "reach-in" tub annoying. I think they now come in pop-up tubs but I'm not sure.

NAK so to sum it up..yay for costco and pampers and especially for baby. nay to huggies.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

westchicagomom Guest

Well no disposables wipes I have tried compare to Mustela's softness and what it does for DD skin, but since DH uses about 5 wipes (and those are big wipes!) to change a diaper, we were going broke on wipes. However the Seventh Generation wipes are soft real cloth and and didn't irritate her skin. After getting a sample to try from Whole Foods Market, this is where I ordered mine.
    http://www.gaiam.com/retail/product....28%2D7012+MSTR

If you subscribe to their e-mail newsletter they sometimes have free shipping offers.

BTW, hopefully you are already getting a discount on Mustela's, but this is the site where I got mine from and these are the current specials:
    http://www.babybathshoppe.com/

"HERE ARE OUR SPECIALS FOR MARCH:
    1)FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!!!
    AND:
    2) ONE FREE MUSTELA FACIAL WIPE PACK WITH EACH ORDER OVER $40 ($5.50 VALUE) WHEN YOU TYPE 'FACIAL' IN THE COMMENTS FIELD ON THE SHIPPING PAGE.
    OR
    3)RECEIVE ONE FREE MUSTELA SAMPLE FOR EACH $10 YOU SPEND WHEN YOU TYPE 'SAMPLES' IN THE COMMENTS FIELD ON THE SHIPPING PAGE.(MAX 10 SAMPLES PER ORDER).

4)ORDER 11 MUSTELA EXTRA THICK CLEANSING CLOTHS AND GET ONE FREE. NEW PACKAGING, SAME GREAT PRODUCT! NO CODE NEEDED FOR THIS DEAL!"

A year or so ago I never would have thought I (or anyone) would have spent so much time thinking about wipes!!!

Pam
    Mom to Lilabeth (9/03)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast