Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    papal Guest

Default RE: can I ask a dumb question?

Sorry about Kylee's diaper rash. Hope it clears up soon!

The only things that really helped Leela were
    1. Lots of naked bum time
    2. Baking Soda sitz bath
    3. Lanisoh (yes, the boob stuff)

When it was really bad i used a hair-dryer on the low setting to dry the area completely with each diaper change. Also stopped using fleece till it cleared up.
    Rachel, the breastmilk did not work for me. :(
    But Leela got a kick out of me spraying her all over the place...hmmm maybe i should have just expressed some and then used it.. silly me.

s_gosney Guest

Rashmi, you crack me up. I can just picture it now...Leela must've thought you had lost it for sure. :)
    I feel bad for kylee that she has a rash. My only consolation is that it doesn't seem to bother her. Unlike her poor runny nose that's driving both of us crazy. :P

My ped says a good way to tell between a yeast rash and a diaper rash (on a girl anyway) is that a yeast rash will be up on her labia and will be raised. A diaper rash will be back on her cheekies. :D
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

s_gosney Guest

hmmm...I guess maybe my ped was wrong on this one (which would also explain why it's not going away with typical rash cream. He looked at it quickly and said that it was a diaper irritation rash b/c if it was a yeasty one it would be down in the valleys more (like in the folds where her legs join her body). I guess I'll try the acidophilus. It can't hurt I guess even if I'm wrong, right?

DS has had on and off rashes but lately I have been skipping creams all together and just using powder after every change. He hasn't had a rash in the last few months since I started this. Worth a try once you get this one cleared up-
    Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2