peanut4us Guest

Default So--let's talk swim diapers

Honestly, I have no idea what on earth I'm supposed to put Sara in to go swimming. I have a suit (from Gymboree) that says "built-in swim diaper" but there isn't anything extra that I can see. The fabric just feels a little more solid. So what do I need to put on her under the suit to be hygenically correct?

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: So--let's talk swim diapers

Almost all public pools require swim diapers. You can get the disposable ones (like the Huggies Lil' Swimmers) or get re-usable ones on-line from places like One Step Ahead and also Target and BRU have them.

I prefer the disposable ones since my DD tends to almost always poop in the pool. :( (Hence the requirement for swim diapers in public pools...) FYI, swim diapers are NOT meant to contain liquids, just solids.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've always used the Huggies swim diapers. They've worked fine under her Target swimsuit.
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs

s_gosney Guest

I had heard that before about swim diapers only containing solids. So, what does that mean for runny BF poop? I guess that really by summer we'll have started solids, but I was just wondering if the disposable swim diapers are still going to contain the runnier poop? TIA!