squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default CD devotee needs help with sposies

We'll be taking our 6-month old on several long trips this spring and will need to use disposables when we're not near a washing machine. Sophia's been wearing CDs successfully since birth (Thanks to this board!) I am pretty clueless about sposies!

The few times Sophia's worn sposies she's had major blowouts, sometimes along the legs, but more often up the back (plumber butt style). We've been using Huggies ultratrims because they're available in small quantities, and we just don't use them often.

Anyone have suggestions for disposable brands that keep in that BF poop! Maybe we need ones with a higher waist or stronger I don't want her to leak all over her grandparents (and aunts, uncles, cousins)....

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: CD devotee needs help with sposies

It sounds like the ones you have been using don't have a high enough rise. In general, I think that Pampers have a higher rise than Huggies of the same size, so they may work better for you. You might also want to try a larger size. Uusally you can find Pampers and Huggies in equivalent size packaging. They try VERY carefully to emulate each other in that regard!

And the weight ranges on the packages are only guidelines. I always had to move my DD up to the next size long before she reached the upper weight limit on the package.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Default RE: CD devotee needs help with sposies

My 6 month old is 17.10 lbs. and does best in Size 3 Pampers or Luvs. I find the size 3 Huggies almost too small. The weight on the package are just a general guideline. DS has been wearing size 3's since he was 3.5 months old and probably about 13-14 lbs. Target sells pretty small packages of diapers, you may want to check there. I was there a few days ago and Pampers were on sale. I love the Cruisers because of the super stretchy sides but we do just fine with Baby Dry or Luvs as well. Also, try folding down a bit of the diaper up top to try to contain the blowouts.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade