Default "natural" disposable dipes - Tushies, 7th Generation, etc.

If there are any of you who use these, which ones do you like the best and where do you get them?

I've heard of Tushies, Seventh Generation, Mother Nature, and Nature Boy & Girl - what are the differences?

So far, I know that Tushies doesn't use the powder gel absorber in their diapers but use wood pulp material instead.

We bought Seventh Generation diapers and those are chlorine-free and natural color but I don't know what they use inside the diaper to absorb wetness.

Has anyone tried these or any other "alternative" diapers?

puppymom Guest

Default RE: "natural" disposable dipes - Tushies, 7th Generation, etc.

I've tried Tushies and 7th gen. THe Tushies did not seem to allow you to readjust once you positioned th tape to close the dipe. Or maybe I was too sleep deprived at the time to make it work. I do like 7th gen a lot, though I bought the wrong size (too big) and have to wait until my DS fits in them unless I want major leaks!

GL,
    Dawn

I like 7th Gen dipes. They do have the gel in them to absorb but honestly I think you need that in a disposable diaper. The Tushies can leak like crazy and I don't trust them. However Tushies now makes Tendercare Plus - which is a dipe with gel in them. I have tried them and liked them. They are a bit trimmer than the 7th Gen dipes.
    http://store3.yimg.com/I/ibabydoc_1800_6595114
    You can get the TC plus online but I found them at my local Vitamin Cottage.
    Nature Boy & Girl aren't bad either. They have a plastic outer, but work well. I just used some on a recent cradle care baby I had and they worked nice. They have the gel also.
    Never heard of Mother Nature...... where have you seen those?
    Maria
    ~Mama to 4~
    ~Foster mama to baby girl R born 8/08~

I saw Mother Nature on an online review and it got bad reviews all around (lots of leaks) but I just thought I'd throw that out there in case someone here had a GOOD experience...

Thanks for all the info on which diapers have the gel - I thought all "natural" diapers were gel-free!

I looked for Tushies but my computer can't load the Tushies.com website and no store near me sells them. I did find the Tendercare diapers (I didn't realize they were made by Tushies) but they looked like regular ol' generic diapers to me... If they're chlorine free, how are they so white? They're whiter than my Pampers! And I really prefer the 7th Gen velcro tabs better than the Tendercare adhesive strips.

So I guess besides Tushies (no gel), the only thing separating these alternative diapers is that they're chlorine-free, right? Have you noticed a difference in your baby's skin?

Yes, I believe part of what makes them "natural" is no chlorine bleach is used in the manufacturing process.
    My baby can wear practically any disposable diaper and his skin is fine. However I feel much better when I use the 7th Gen and Tushies on him (he's in cloth 90% of the time).

And yes, Tushies are pretty white. They use peroxide to *whiten* their materials. I don't think 7th Gen uses anything to whiten up their materials - sometimes I feel like I'm putting a grocery bag on him, they are so tan in color! But I do like them - they are very cushy.

Finding Tushies Tendercare Plus on their website is next to impossible. They don't come out and say they have a gel diaper -since their fame is *gel-free*! I've seen the ad though in Mothering Mag for them and they had a web address for them, however I cannot find it anymore. If you do try the TC-Plus, they are in a blue packaging. Drugstore.com carries them too. And any local diaper services may have them also.
    Maria
    ~Mama to 4~
    ~Foster mama to baby girl R born 8/08~