Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mharling Guest

Default RE: AARRGGHHH. I just want to CD; is that so wrong?

I thought about Lori, but I think her water is really hard. As Kit suggested, I'm going to try a detergent-free cycle and see if there are any bubbles. A detergent switch may be in order too. Let me know how you like Arm and Hammer.

I miss seeing you and Ben at Music Together!

Mary
    Lane - April 2003
    Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We all have very hard water in Chicago, per the map that Pam posted a while back. We're on Chicago water, and I think that you are too (but we don't have a water softener).

I'm still trying to perfect our system with the front loader. Right now, I use Tide Free HE (I can't *stand* any of the scented detergents). When I used detergent to the first line, it didn't seem like it was enough, so now I am experimenting with the second line.

When the stink is a problem, I use either Calgon (which some babies are sensitive to) or a little bit of bleach.

Colin has had the red tip problem but it wasn't the type of diapers (or it would go away with disposables - which it doesn't). We cleared it up with Bactroban (prescription) and Triple Paste. Even now, we put a little Triple Paste on him at every change, and that keeps the red tip away.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

mharling Guest

Yep, we're on good ole' Chicago water. Triple Paste sounds like a good idea too. Thanks Lori!

Mary
    Lane - April 2003
    Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

I sympathize with you on the "red-privates" after night time CD issue.

We have been using cloth on Josh for 1.5 years now, and the only time he ever gets red like that is after being in cloth over night. I have seriously tried every solution I can think of, to no avail :( I've tried changing my wash routine, more absorbency, different diapers and liners, etc. Finally, last week I just gave up, and put him back in a Pampers, and the next morning his skin was as clear and fresh looking as if he had just taken a bath :) I can't figure out why it is, but I've finally just given up on nighttime cloth. He's in cloth all day long without any problems. So I've decided I'm still a great mommy and am not over burdening the landfills by using one disposable a day.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2