Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    papal Guest

Default RE: Monkey Cover: What Would You Do?

Let me know what she says! :)

Yikes, I'm really worried guys! I still haven't recieved mine, but seeing Kaya in a large makes me realize the cover probably won't even fit Noah. Oh well, we shall see.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Juliet, I LOVE Finn's new avatar. He is too cute!
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Sent the email...

discussing many of these points--e.g. the problems with size and workmanship are her responsibility not the customer's. I am disappointed in how she is handling this. I really appreicate the input from you all. Thanks :)
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

pritchettzoo Guest

Holy cow! Well, there's NO hope ours will fit. Gracie's got a long-ish rise. I misunderstood and thought you had a medium. Is this person just starting out? Are we her first orders ever? If a 16.5 lb baby can't wear a large, how on earth could a 33 lb baby? YIKES! Please let us know what she says. That is absolutely ridiculous!

Anna

Default RE: Sent the email...

Just wanted to say good luck & hang in there. Not a fun situation.
    DD 2004
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2014 finally!

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: Sent the email...

Please let us know what she says. I will do the same.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
    http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtic...4.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo..._garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 7 months and counting

holliam Guest

Wow, gals! I cannot believe this mess with the monkey covers! She really did do them in a hurry, though! I was surprised by how fast she did them. Maybe she over committed?

I will say, and I don't mean this to be snarky, I am saying this genuinely...that I think this is a true example of how you sometimes really get what you pay for. I know that Rashmi contacted other people like Ann at Tykie Diapers and her prices were a lot higher, but Ann is a top-notch seamstress with decades of experience. I just think sometimes more $$ or time is well worth the lack of headaches!

I hope you guys can get these issues resolved! The covers were a really cute idea!

Holli

papal Guest

Holli, i do agree with you. My mom was saying the same thing this morning.. about how wonderful the Woolybumbums custom cover we have is and how this one isn't. Maybe if she had just concentrated on one diaper she would have been able to do a better job. I don't know why but she felt she needed to finish ALL the covers asap... i told her that only mine really was a 'emergency', the other gals would not mind waiting. But she insisted on finishing them all and mailing them all out together. I hope this gets resolved in a proper way by her. It would do her a world of good to know that she has happy customers... everyone makes mistakes, it is how we fix them that counts i suppose.
    Anyway, you were not being snarky at all! :)

nitaghei Guest

Default Monkey AIO, not Cover: Contrary experience: revised

Hi everyone,

I got the monkey AIO (not cover) in a large; it came yesterday. I was really freaked after I read these threads, but I went ahead and tried it on. Here's my review.

It is bulky, but that's fleece. At least for me, the size seems okay. I fully anticipate being able to use for the next several months, hopefully until potty training. I still have several snap settings left for my 25 lb., 21 month old, 34-35 inch tall boy. Admittedly, he has a short rise. The large is quite a bit shorter than the large SP cover I have, but for me, at least, it works, because the SP comes way over his waist. The embroidery is perfectly centered (no lettering). I really like the soaker design. The top part is microterry topped with microfleece, and it has an additional snap in doubler that is hemp. I can also snap out the soaker, and use it as a cover. So, I, at least, am happy thus far with the monkey dipe. Which is a good thing, because I paid $20 for mine.

ETA

Okay, I'm a lot less happy about it today. Looked at it more closely last night, and the design is NOT centered. Not a biggie, but annoying. Ditto about the fact that the snaps for the soaker don't line up - looks sloppy on the outside. I could live with both these minor cosmetic issues. But then, I go and grap the dipe to throw in the wash, and see that one of snaps has popped off. Now - I'm definitely not happy. I've never had that happen with any dipe - even the Little Lambs AIOs which were half the price. :(

Nita
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast