1ontheway Guest

Default Accckkkk! Leaks 2 nights in a row. What to do?

For the past 2 nights, we've been trying out our new snap-ez with LJ inserts. DD had wet a sleeper/sheets yesterday so last night I added a walmart microterry towel. DD woke up wet again this morning. She's making it most of the night. I just think her last pee of the night must be too much, because she's dry when I nurse her around 5. The insert and towel were completely soaked.

I though about adding an infant cpf, but it just seems to bulky. I don't want it to leak from overstuffing.

Do I need to suck it up and buy a JB for extra absorbancy? I just hate spending anymore money. Any other suggestions?

We really want to do cloth at night, but maybe DD is just too heavy a wetter right now. Sigh...

Christina
    Mom to Leah

Default RE: Accckkkk! Leaks 2 nights in a row. What to do?

how many times have you washed the hemp?
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

1ontheway Guest

washed in hot water and dried 5 different times. Do I need to wash more?

Christina
    Mom to Leah

5 times should be enough! (by the way, not trying to answer as a WAHM, i promise!!! just answering as someone who knows about hemp. hope that's ok!)

are the dipes printed PUL? my printed snap ez wicks. the fabrics fault, not the snap-ez's fault.

it sounds like you might have to add the infant prefold. schuyler is a super soaker and we just can't use a trim combo at night. can't even use a sposie. maybe try the microfiber towel another time or two and see if that can work?
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

1ontheway Guest

Please feel free to answer personally or as a WAHM. Looking for any kind of input. :)Dipes are solids so I don't think they're wicking.

DD has been nursing an extra time at night the past week or so since she's just too busy to be bothered with nursing much during the day while she's trying to figure out this walking thing. LOL! Maybe once she drops that feeding again, it won't be a problem.

I may go ahead and try the cpf with the insert. I was just afraid of overstuffing.

Thanks Liza!

Christina
    Mom to Leah

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That's probably worth trying. And until you get the leak issue solved, perhaps you can try throwing a cover over it? Do you have any covers or wool or fleece pants? This will at least help with the wet clothes/bed problem.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
    http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtic...4.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo..._garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting

momtorileyandcaroline Guest

At night for my DD we usually do a fuzzi bun with a LJ insert with a wal-mart microterry stuffed in the middle of the layers. Then we put a wool cover or wool longies over the whole thing. I had terrible night issues until we found this system....so far it's been foul proof! Good luck...a cover might help.

Oh..and make the longies from an old sweater from the babyluv directions...I have 6 pairs now that I made for under $20.00! They look so cute and work amazing! :)

Is there any way you could just change her at 5?
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Are your snap-ez leakproof during the day and at naptime? It could be that they just don't fit her right and that's why you are getting leaks.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

1ontheway Guest

I don't think DD would go back to sleep if I changed her at 5, and it's not good for either of us to start the day that early. Lol! Currently, she'll go back to sleep until 7-7:30.

We have not had any leaks with the diapers during the day and that was just using a cpf or microfiber towels, so I think they fit okay.

We don't have any wool right now, but I may try to put a cover over the dipe until we figure out the amount of stuffing we need and until DD stops nursing 3 times (10, 1-2, and 5ish)at night. i really think it's a volume issue. :)

As always, thanks for all the suggestions!

Christina
    Mom to Leah