Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    toomanystrollers Guest

Default RE: Mama Cloth Pads ROCK!

Ok, I'm very intrigued now LOL - my DH may just run away :)

toomanystrollers Guest

Default Yo Amy: RE: Mama Cloth Pads ROCK!

So Amy,
    How many HH pads would you recommend to get through a 5 day cycle?

Pam -
    DH thought I was a little nuts, but he's learned better than to say anything :) Come over to the other side.....

Amy -
    ITA about Goddess Moons - They were AWFUL!!!!! Mine shrank a full 2 INCHES in each direction. And when I contacted the company about it (thinking perhaps I got a bad fabric lot) she essentially said too bad - won't exchange washed pads! Thank goodness I only washed one! I returned the rest and promptly left a terrible review on diaperpin. Definitely do not bother with these.
    Lynne
    Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
    Oh my!! #2 5/05

Pam--Here's what I bought:
    2 days worth (5 pads per day) of super pads
    1 days worth (4) of regular pads
    1 days worth (3-4) of mini/pantyliner pads

* I am still using a disposable overnight pad until I find something I am confident will last that many hours.

I honestly cannot believe that I can get buy with only 5 cloth pads on even my heaviest of days! And even then, they really are not saturated at all. Compare that with going thru 7 disposable Super pads!

Heres a really great article that I just read on Mama Cloth. Very informative!
    http://tinyurl.com/4mwvy

I mentioned to DH that I had bought some Mama Cloth for myself, and he just looked at me like I was crazy and said "Please, don't talk to me about that kind of stuff!" But then after I tried it out and was so impressed, I brought it up again and just told him I had to share how using them had reduced my "week" down to 4 days. Then the scientist in him perked up and wanted to know all kinds of info as to "what are diospoable products made from?" "What do they do to women's bodies" "I wonder if it's a marketing ploy to get women to use more of their products?" Etc, etc. He seemed to think it was pretty interesting ;)

Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

mommyj_2 Guest

Default RE: LOVE my Freshies pads!

Holli,
    Thanks for posting the link. Freshies are my favorite mama pads, but I didn't know they were available anywhere except her site. I'm going to have to get some more.

Here's a link to buy Freshies:
    http://www.allnaturalmamas.com/cloth_mama_pads.asp

AND there is a 10% off sale if you use the code : holiday

I just bought some to try!
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

papal Guest

Thanks for the link Holli! I got some too! Amy, thanks for the code.
    I am so excited! :)

"But then after I tried it out and was so impressed, I brought it up again and just told him I had to share how using them had reduced my "week" down to 4 days. Then the scientist in him perked up..."

Yes, I was wondering about this myself! Why DO cloth pads reduce the length and severity of some women's cycles? I haven't come up with a reasonable hypothesis, but I'm glad it's the case!
    Kit

Littleman 10/03, Mr. Sweetcheeks 08/05, Babyman 11/07

jecmama Guest

My dh was grossed out, though I don't know why. But, this is one subject that I don't let him weigh in on. :)

Because disposable pads are made from bleached wood pulp and therefor have chemical by-products, fumes, etc. just like disposable diapers do. They irriate and inflame our bodies (like dispoable diapers do on some baby's bottoms), and our bodies keep "sloughing off" trying to rid itself of the offending irritation. Just like when you get something irritating in your eye (dust for example), your eye tears up to try to wash away the particles.

So, if you remove the chemicals in the products, then your body just sloughs off the extra tissue that was already there, instead of continually producing more to "wash" itself clean of the irritation. The extra work your body does also produces more than usual cramping.

Make sense?
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast