Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    papal Guest

Default Yo Amy: RE: Mama Cloth Pads ROCK!

Wow. Really? That is fascinating. If this is true for me, I will definitely be recommending them to my cousins and sister... who the heck doesn't want a shorter period?!!

toomanystrollers Guest

Default RE: LOVE my Freshies pads!

THanks Amy - I took the plunge w/some Freshies :) Now I can't wait for Aunt Flo to visit - LOL!!!

Default RE: LOVE my Freshies pads!

Pam- I feel the same way! Isn't that silly? :) I've always dreaded "that time of the month" like I dread a root canal! But now I want to try out my new fluffies! Ha! Trust me, you'll never go back to those yucky Kotex pads!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Default Mama Pad Travel/Carry Bags

Just wanted to post 2 links to places that carry "travel bags" for your cloth products for when you are out and about. Both bag types have two sections: 1 for clean unused pads, the other for used pads. I can't wait for payday!

http://www.weceedee.com/javaproduct5.htm

http://diaperware.com/happytushies.htm#momma

DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

pritchettzoo Guest

Default RE: Mama Cloth Pads ROCK!

Yeah, I left this link and one of the other explanation sites up last night and DH is threatening to cancel the internet. ;)

And, as he is now reading over my shoulder, he's threatening to stop doing diaper laundry. Noooooooo!

(Which of course makes me want to try them even MORE! }()

Anna

papal Guest

heehee. i have not told dh about the orders i have placed. i am afraid of getting a snarky reaction.

Rashmi--Leela looks sooo cute and grown up in her new avatar! But of course, she will always be Mama's little baby! :)
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default my 2 cents

Out of curiosity, which ones did you try? There are so many choices!!! This is harder than buying diapers, LOL!

I had to add my 2 cents, since Aunt Flo just visited (while on vacation, no less :().

AF came for the first time when DD was about 6 months (can't I get a break????). It wasn't too bad, so I thought maybe it was just breakthrough. Then I got it again and again.... After the third time in about 4 weeks, I decided to get some Mama pads as well as a Diva cup. Then AF came for the fourth time in ... 6 weeks and it was a real doozy! Fortunately, the pads were here by then, so I started using them as well as the cup.

I used the cup for the first 2 days when the flow was the heaviest and I had to empty it ... 4 times in an evening/night and once more when morning came. I think I nearly passed out at that point. The problem is that the cup kept sliding out of my grasp. I think I really need to up those Kegel exercises!!! This is the second time I've used it, so I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, but it still slides up fairly high. And unfortunately, day 2 is always the heaviest; I think I had to empty it maybe 6-8 times today, although it wasn't always full.

I'm hoping that my period won't be as long this time because since 28 days ago when I first started using the cloth pads, I've also been using the flannel pantiliners instead of the usual sposies, so I'm hoping my body has been able to get rid of all the noxious chemicals. Since delivery (and probably before) I've been using pantiliners daily, either because of breakthrough bleeding or because of discharge (sorry if TMI). I'm sure that has not helped matters any.

In any case, I will say that I've had less cramping and lower back pain this time (although that lower pack pain still hits in the middle of the cycle--ovulation?). I'll let you know if AF goes away sooner as well. Last time, the first day was so-so, the second day was extremely heavy, and then it trickled down to very very light for many many days. So far this time, first day has been so-so, the second day (today) is extremely heavy and we'll see how the rest goes.

I think just to make it easier (and less messy), I'll continue using the Diva for the really heavy days and then just use mama pads for the rest of the cycle. The Diva is really easy to get in now, but it's still a pain to remove. But I'm getting better, and after this period, I'm planning on doing Kegel's daily until the muscles are stronger.

Hope this helps someone!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
    http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtic...4.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo..._garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting

Default RE: my 2 cents

Eileen,
    If you go back about 2 pages in this post, I reveiwed several brands of Mama Pads. Hope that helps you!
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: my 2 cents

Oh, actually, I meant which Freshies did you try?

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
    http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtic...4.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo..._garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 8 months and counting

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast