brigmaman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default When did your babe outgrow infant prefolds?

Ours are definitely getting tight around Cadie's waist when I snappi them. We've been using mostly pf's during the day at home. What size is next? I really love our UB Indian pf's.
    I'm also undecided about what to sell. I'll probably keep about half. That's another thread entirely...

papal Guest

Default RE: When did your babe outgrow infant prefolds?

Don't sell them.. you can use them as stuffins in pockets, you can lay them on the changing table, you can use them to wipe her bum after washing a particularly difficult poop, they are fantastic spit up cloths too. :)
    Also, once she starts crawling, she might fit back into them... she probably will get slimmer and taller.

I can't believe Cadie is growing out of the infants already! Wow! I can still squeeze Leela into hers. I think you can just size up and get some Regular UBIFS. They are our work-horse during the day. Love them!

Forrest outgrew his at about 8 or 10 weeks, I think. They got hard to snappi around his waist. I really love the Indians, too, but I think premium Indians would swallow Cadie. We went right to them at 9 weeks, and they seemed HUGE. I got some regular 4x6x4 CPFs, which fit much better. I don't know if you can get Indian regulars, but if you can, those would be fabulous. I had 24 infant CPFs, and I didn't sell any of them. Too useful for a myriad of stuff.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I ordered premiums when Kaya was about 3.5 months old. Then I used both premiums and infants in the transition period. I was able to use the CPF infants for longer and start with the premium IPFs sooner because of the size difference between indians and chinese. At the time I didn't know there were such things as regulars, so the premiums seemed HUGE. But I'm glad I ended up getting them--Kaya's been using them for over 6 months now. The infants I kept and use them as changing table liners, stuffings, wiping up messes, etc. I still have a pile of them that I don't use, but I'll save them for baby #2 someday.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
    http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtic...4.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting