Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default RE: "THE" Comprehensive Diaper Wash Routine Thread

My machine says "hot wash/cold rinse" "warm wash/cold rinse" "cold wash/cold rinse". I would guess that your temp is the wash temp and all rinses are cold.
    Kris

nak

I agree, I had this thread printed and sitting on my dryer when we started CDing - its a great thread!

we also have a old top loader and this is what i do: cold soak with a teeny bit of detergent - usually i soak overnight, or at least 1 hr if during the day. then a long hot wash set at 12 minutes for the initial agitation (normal laundry gets 8 minutes at our house, so this is a "long hot wash" for us). my machine automatically rinses in cold water no matter what water setting you use. then i throw everything except pul in the dryer for 70 minutes, take out whats dry, dry everything else for 25 more minutes. the way i do my cold soak is started the normal wash cycle with about 10 minutes of agitation, but leaving the washer lid open so it stops at the end of the 10 min of agitation. then i turn the washer off, close the lid, and let it soak overnight. does this help?

allison
    Mama to DD 11/05

Maria K is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Actually... yes that does help. (Feeling silly for asking now - it seems so obvious now!) I do "soaks" all the time by leaving the lid open!
    - Maria

Don't feel silly - believe me, I've asked a lot of questions too! :)

Allison
    Mama to DD 11/05

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4