Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    kthomp Guest

Default "The" Comprehensive Pocket Inserts Thread

Please post your reviews of pocket inserts here, with links if possible.

Let's try to get as many as different kinds as possible!

kthomp Guest

Default RE: "The" Comprehensive Pocket Inserts Thread

I'll start. :-)

We use mostly Mother of Eden (MOE) microterry inserts. I usually use one for daytime with a tri-folded micro towel over it. I find them to be very absorbent and soft. This combo easily goes over two hours for us. They fit very well in our FBs, but I have never tried to use them in another brand of pocket.

Micro towels: We bought ours at Target. I tri-fold them and lay them over the MOE during the day, at night I wrap them around the inserts. I like that they add absorbency without much bulk. Cons are that they get very static- in the dryer, so I am constantly picking my cloth wipes off them. Also, they can be a pain to fold, especially when they are stactic-y.

Hemparoo Joey Bunz: We only have one of these, I use it for nighttime with one MOE insert, which I then wrap a micro towel around. I find it to be very absorbent while still being very trim. Definitely makes the nighttime diaper less bulky! Since I only have one, I don't use it for daytime. It can get a little stiff, but I try to dry it on medium for a few minutes to soften it up a bit. That seems to help.

I just received three Cotton Babies one size microfiber inserts and one hemp fleece insert from the Fuzzi Bunz Store. I will come back a review those after I have used them.

Please add your reviews!

papal Guest

Here are the inserts we have used:

1. MOE microfiber inserts.
    Thin, very absorbant. I think these are dh's favourites.
    2. Cottonbabies OneSize microfiber inserts.
    These are a little bulkier than the MOEs but softer and more absorbant. These are my favourites. 2 of these hold us over at night (12 hours)
    3. JoeyBunz. Becs sent me one of hers.. this lasts us for an hour of pee.. not super absorbant but very trim.
    4. Doodlebottoms trifold inserts.
    These have an extra layer at one end.. so you can put that in the front or the back.. depending on whether you have a boy or girl. It is easier for us to use the Cottonbabies, so I don't really reach for this one as much. It is VERY absorbant though.
    5. Snap-EZ trifold insert.
    We used this once.. uneven distribution of pee which led to leakage. Have not used it since.
    6. LJ Hemp inserts. These were very absorbant and trim but we no longer use hemp due to stink issues. These fit perfectly in the BB pockets though.
    7. Trifolded Infant Prefold.
    8. Quattro(?)-folded Regular prefold (folded the short side, not the long side).

Umm.. i think that is it.

pittsburghgirl Guest

1. Cotton Babies inserts. Use with FB's, so far the most successful if a tad bulky.
    2. JB: only have one, have to use with a towel or with a Cotton Babies for a longer outing.
    3. LJ's for BB: use two daytime in my one BB. Mixed success but I think it's the fit of the dipe, not the insert, the insert absorbs well.
    4. SnapEZ daytime: still getting it prewashed (3x).

My favorite so far are the Cotton Babies; a good compromise between bulk and absorbancy.

Marilee
    mommy to James
    http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png

brigmaman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ok where do I get cotton babies inserts and also has anyone used LJ's for Fuzzibunz? It says on the BB site that Liza makes them for FB. We use mostly FB for Brig, and I still love hemp.

pittsburghgirl Guest

searchdog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ok out of curiosity I realize it is not part of this thread but weren't these $2.50 when they first put them on the site a couple weeks ago, now they say they are $2.99 :(

pittsburghgirl Guest

Yep, maybe we are making them popular? I got mine at $2 because of a coupon code, wish I had bought more!

Marilee
    mommy to James
    http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I use LJs that were made for BB in my FB. They work fine. I would imagine that the ones made especially for FB would be even better, fit wise.
    Kris

kthomp Guest

I used the Cotton Babies inserts yesterday. They were great! They fit in our size PT FB perfect, filled them right up to the back. They're so soft! I love that they have a tag at the end so that you don't have to reach into the pocket to pull them out.

I noticed the price increase too, I was bummed I missed the code. But I think at $2.99 they are still cheaper than what most places charge for a MOE insert. They do have a code running right now, BESTDEAL for 5% off. Not much, I think it took like 45 cents off my order. But it's better than nothing!

Anyone want me to take some comparission pics between the Cotton Babies insert and the MOE? I'd be happy to!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast