ladythepup Guest

Default For those that have used DaisyGirl Designs Mama Cloth ?

I have a couple of questions for you that have use these pads.

What size did u buy? anyone just buy the maxi pad one? and also what did u buy Flannel and hemp or just flannel inside? Thank you. and for those that use the flannel hemp do u find htat they stink at times from the hemp. i am looking into the pads with the wings. do they fit well ur diaper if you are in like size 14 pants? i wonder if they wont be good on me. And how many did u all order? Thanks

Melanie

Default RE: For those that have used DaisyGirl Designs Mama Cloth ?

My favorite (and what I have the most of) are the Maxi size, with wings. They are not too long, and not too short. The Ultra size are more for nighttime, while the mini are the perfect pantyliner size.

I have all of mine with microfleece on top, and hemp inside. I first bought some with flannel on top, and they were nice, but I didn't feel as dry as I do with the microfleece on top. They are now just used as "back-ups" in case I run out because I forgot to do the wash ;).

I have never had an odor problem as a result of using hemp in them. I didn't think that flannel would be absorbent enough for me, because I have a heavy cycle. I think they'd be fine for lighter days though.

I have wings on all my Maxi size pads, and they fit me great. I wear a 12/14 size in clothing. I do have some of the wingless pads in the mini-size that I use for very light/pantyliner days at the end of the cycle. I figure they are small enough I don't need the wings, and by the 4th-5th day, you really want to feel like you aren't wearing a pad anymore....know what I mean! LOL. But I'm not sure I would like a longer pad without wings.

I have 6 Maxi pads per day (2 days worth), and 4 mini pads for my last day. I use some other "light-days" pads from other companies for the 3rd day. Freshies 9" pads, or HappyHeiny regular size pads.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

essnce629 Guest

So Amy, would you say you like the daisygirl pads better than the HH and Freshies pads? I have 6 HH pads that I like, but I wanted to try some others too. If you like the daisygirls better than the freshies, then I'll probably order those instead.

***Latia
    Conner 8/19/03

It's a tie between the Daisygirldesigns and the Freshies, although I lean more towards the DGD pads. I think I personally prefer the one piece design. It's a toss up though, because Freshies are really nice and trim too. I usually use up all my DGD pads, then Freshies, then HH pads.

I think the HH pads rank 3rd on my list because of the PUL backing making them less breathable, and more prone to slip back and forth in your undies. The fleece on the back of the Freshies and DGD pads make them anti-slip. I was scared to try them without the PUL backing, because I had such a heavy cycle when using sposie pads, but I have never had the slightest leak with the fleece backed pads, so no worries!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12