emelsea Guest

Default "A Downy ball full of vinegar"

Could that be more vague? I bought a Downy ball, now how do I do this? Do I fill it to the line, or all the way to the top? Do I use distilled white vinegar? Cider vinegar? Basalmic? Rasberry? (OK, so now I'm being a little snarky, but you know what I mean.) Do I put it in when I add the detergent, or when I reset the machine to do the final rinse?

toomanystrollers Guest

Default RE: "A Downy ball full of vinegar"

Back in my laundry experimentation days, I would fill the ball to the fill line with white vinegar and throw it in at the very beginning when I was adding detergent.

HTH

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Distilled White!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you can just fill to the line. The last two washes I've done, I've put in more vinegar than that but will probably cut back now.
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Use the distilled white vinegar. You can buy a huge jug of it at Wal-Mart for a few dollars. Sometimes it is with the canning products. I think that the amount you need to use depends on the hardness of your water. Our water is not hard, so I only use a few tablespoons to get rid of "the stink."

Jennifer
    Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

alaible Guest

I fill the downy ball 1/2 full. It is a little more than the line marked for fabric softner. I use white vinegar and I put it in at the start of the load. That is what is so great about those downy balls they don't open until the rinse cycle.