ladythepup Guest

Default about first nite in wool and where is pickle pants coop

Hi all,
    The soaker said it was good for nite. and the mama said that it was lanolized before shipping it out. where is the pickpants coop i am very interested. Thanks
    and also i am wondering what wool do u all use?

Let me know thanks

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: about first nite in wool and where is pickle pants coop

Okay, looks like you found it in the coop forum. Just e-mail or PM Anna (Pritchetzoo) and she'll contact you. The website for the pickle pants are listed in one of her posts in that thread. That'll give you some idea of colors and sizing and so forth. As you can see, the deadline is the 21st.

In terms of what wool do I use, I use quite a potpourri.

I have the following:

1 BJM soaker that is very cute and soft, but I may need to put it on swap because it doesn't work for my super soaker.

1 Brownie Fairy soaker that works very well.

2 Aristocrat soakers, 1 Large and 1 XL; they work extremely well for overnight, never any leaks, but not appropriate for day time (way too bulky)...well, unless you just use the cover and no pants.

1 soaker and 1 longie from Tinker... on ebay. I like both of these because they're light weight and they do a pretty good job of not leaking during the day.

1 wool pull-up cover from Angelluvs. Very easy, works well for day time. Also very soft. It's still in the shedding stage, though, since I've only washed it once. I would not use this one for night time.

1 Cutiepatoot-ease aplix wool wrap with an embroidered pig on it. Very cute: www.cutiepatoot-ease.com/main.htm It's a bit bulky but I do use it during the day when it's warm enough that she doesn't need to wear any pants. I think it's just too big for her, but I like it because it's very cute and it goes over every diaper in her stash. I have used it successfully for night time as well.

1 Orange Blossom aplix wool wrap that is currently too small for Kaya. I may also put that one on the swap. It did work very well when it fit her, though, even for night time. And of course, it's very trim compared to the soakers.

I'm also testing a couple of Baby Blanket wool covers that show some promise, but I don't know how long it'll be before she finalizes the design.

ETA: LOL, I guess I have quite a few wool covers...the ones I use the most are the BF soaker, the tinker longies, and the BB covers (because I'm testing them). I haven't used the Aristocrats in a while because I've been using fleece pockets at night or fitted diapers in a fleece sleep sack. But I imagine I'll be using the Aristocrats again once summer hits.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_gold_12m.gif
    12.5 months: 30", 19.7 lbs, 47 cm head

Default RE: about first nite in wool and where is pickle pants coop

For daytime my absolute favorite wool wrap is Fuz Easy. You can get them under clothes and they are so soft. The colors are beautiful too. Now that I have these I don't really touch my PUL anymore.

I also really like wool jersey or interlock covers. I have some from Angelwraps, Loveybums, Little Fishy.

For soakers I have some from HolySheepYarns, Righteous Baby, and some knitted by my mom and some by a friend of mine. I am also currently learning to knit so hopefully I won't have to shell out the big bucks any more!

For recycled wool I love Sarah at Woolybumbums. Her pull on covers are super cute and her prices are awesome. I didn't really care for her wraps that much though the embroidery is so cute I cannot bring myself to sell it!

For nighttime I use either an Aristocrat or a Sugarpeas fleece cover.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade