Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Any mamas here crochet??

And if so, have you attempted to do shorts and such for your little one?

My problem is that I can't read crochet books/guides, as I was taught just by doing from my grandma. So, if I see a doily, table-cloth, blanket, etc. I CAN do it(and have made many) from just seeing the pattern and going along, but could not do this from a book...Let alone 3 dimensional things (such as baby slippers, for example, can't do those!

Should I even attemt this?? I have a feeling I'll get frustrated (esp. with no pattern in hand) and mail the whole thing off to grandma to finish (so bad!)

Any ideas are appreciated!
    e.

Default RE: Any mamas here crochet??

I just made this one. I know you said you don't do patterns but this is kind of make your own pattern. It's one dimensional till the end. I did change some of it around to look like other soaker's I've seen. It took me a few tries and my finished one is not perfect but usable and cute!

My computer messes up on the anglefire sites so if you want the directions and how I altered them let me know. I think you can do it if it's my first project after not crocheting in 15+ years.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/mothers...tedsoaker.html
    Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1

That's very useful..I found another site with free patterns and when you posted I was trying to decipher the acronyms there (I'm THAT ignorant, LOL)

Now, to decipher the new acronyms here...I like it that it's one-dimensional till the very end. I can do one dimesional!!

e.

Default wait, so you make a triangle

basically and then fold?? I can't envison that at all!!

bummer.

Default RE: wait, so you make a triangle

Can I type out what I did without the abbreviations? It's like a butt sweater. If you search for instructions on them you may be able to see what to do.
    Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1

mommd Guest

Default RE: wait, so you make a triangle

It is hard to imagine, but actually comes together quite easily at the end. It is really similar to making a soaker from a sweater. Try using a towel and folding into a triangle so you can see how it comes together. Good luck!

Default if you could...

I'd be grateful forever!! LOL!

But I think I get the make a triangle part--it's the rest that has me totally baffled.

You are so nice to offer to help on this, I appreciate it!!

e.

Default RE: if you could...

I'll write them out & post tonight.
    Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1

Default thanks so much

awesome since I'll start this weekend :)

pritchettzoo Guest

The pattern from http://hyenacart.com/DandelionDreamers/ is easy. It only uses one or two basic stitches--single and double crochets (well, and chain stitching to start).

I like this site for learning new stitches, so if you don't know the names you could watch the videos of the stitches to associate them with the names: http://www.stitchguide.com/stitches/crochet/index.html

If you search in MDC's yarn craft forum for crochet soaker, you'll get a few more options.

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
    and a BOY! (coming July '05)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast