Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default i know, i know... do a search. i am too lazy. diva cup?

which one is better- the diva cup or the other one but i am too braindead to remember the name. and where is the best price right now? thanks. i will be your best friend if you will not tease me for not doing a search. i am short on time and i want to purchase before AF rears its ugly postpartum head. (6.5 months and counting... STAY AWAY!!!)

ps. can't believe i am going to try this. REALLY can't believe i am excited about using it instead of, as sonia said, the cotton mouse.
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: i know, i know... do a search. i am too lazy. diva cup?

I haven't tried the other one, but I love the Diva Cup. The other one is latex, while the Diva is silicone, and I think I've read or heard that the other one is harder, which would make a difference for me.

You will love it after the cotton mouse - I know I do - plus the idea of spending only $40 (CDN) to last me through 10 years of feminine hygiene is oddly thrilling ;)
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

i SO hear you on the $$ thing... makes me giddy just thinking of the savings.

thanks. it was the diva cup that i wanted. not the latex one.

anyone know where i can find a deal?

Liza - Also a Diva user here. The Keeper is the "other one" and is latex. I chose this one since it can be boiled to sterilize (wasn't sure how washing it would be, but it DOES get clean and I haven't had to sterilize it yet) and no risk of allergic reaction. Plus it has a longer guaranteed trial (1 year, vs just 3 mos) in case I hated it :) FWIW, from what I've read there is a difference in shape and the keeper is a narrower design. There is a version similar in shape to the keeper but in silicone called the mooncup but it isn't as readily available and not sure the return period on that one. When I first got my diva I was sure it was too big - the thing looked HUGE! The first AF with it was "odd" trying to get used to it but after I experimented a bit (try some K-Y on the rim to insert!!), figured out how to fix the weird "suction cup" action (if you try it you'll know what I mean) and chopped off the tail it was great and I never looked back. Whip yourself up some velour liners and you're all set :) (Actually, I rarely get a leak with the diva - just don't like to chance it and my cloth liners are so comfy I don't mid wearing them!)

Not sure where the best deal is currently. I got mine at www.underthecabbageleaf.com but it is local to me so no shipping. If you have a moment, might try a post at MDC in the natural health and body care section. Seems those ladies have a good idea of the diva deals :)

ETA: Looks like this one is $30, free shipping
    http://www.nestmom.com/milkdiapers.html#divacup

There's a list of stores on the "links" page at www.divacup.com
    Lynne
    Mommy to C 3/03
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
    And Miss Purple, 5/05

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

LOVE my Diva Cup! I love not having to buy those plastic pads!!!! The prices seem to have been climbing in recent times. It's going for $32.50 at Jack's Magic Beanstalk right now, and I think she has free shipping.

http://www.jacksmagicbeanstalk.com/i...roducts_id=370

Lilbunz has the same deal. I don't know of any sales at the moment, though.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_gold_12m.gif , 17 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catca..._4_Kaya+is.png

oooooooh, thanks for the excellent tips! like chopping the tail...

i suppose that after you give (vaginal) birth to TWO 9.5 lbs sons, you can't find one out there that is "too" big! LOL! (was that a totally gross thing to say???)

definitely planning to whip up some velour liners. i have velour, sherpa, hemp fleece and some awesome microfleece for topping, too. i think i will start to carry them in my lizajane baby line, too. (MIL thinks that is SO creepy, btw. lol!)

ETA: BAM! it's done. i just bought it from nestmom. thanks!!

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yay! You're going to love it, as soon as you get used to it :)

A word of caution - don't chop off too much of the tail. You cold a) cut a hole in the bottom of the cup or b) make it difficult to grab hold of for emptying it. I found that leaving two of the rings on the tail was perfect, and used cuticle scissors to taper the edge.

I posted a very TMI list of instructions for use way back when, it's at http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...0743&mode=full.

It took a couple of cycles to get used to, but I've been going back-up free since the third round...it's almost like not having a period at all (woo hoo!)
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

Ooh, Liza ,I hope you like yours as much as I did! It's really such a great product, plus you get a cool little "Diva" lapel pin - how fun is that?!? LOL! Odd to be cheering eachother on re: feminine hygiene products, huh? Anyway, chopping the tail made all the difference - it poked me otherwise, and you really don't need it for removal. If you want/need some tips, feel free to PM or e-mail! Looking forward to the lizajane baby liners, too! LOL at your MIL! After Sophie was born MIL was doing laundry for me and assumed my mamapads were some odd new dipe for Sophie since I washed them with the dipes ;) I never told her otherwise!
    Lynne
    Mommy to C 3/03
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
    And Miss Purple, 5/05

I am wondering if mine came without a tail. I read about people cutting the tail, and there isn't much on mine that could be cut. I read your post saying to leave 2 rings, but there are only 2 rings on mine, in fact I think there might only be 1. It's just a really short piece that sticks out of the bottom.

In any case, it doesn't poke me anywhere, so I'm not looking to cut it.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

This post finally encouraged me to buy the diva. I've been meaning to try it out, and my sister in London wants to as well, so I purchased 2. Now to get a few mamapads to trial and we're all set.
    Nicci

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast