Default PRODUCT WARNING: HUGGIES LIQUID POWDER!!!

This was posted on another board that I am a member of and I thought it would be good to share here (be sure to look at the 4 pics attached at the bottom):

QUOTED TEXT:
    Ok....I am infuriated at Huggies. Maybe I just got a faulty item but none the less I am still mad. I decided to try that Huggies Liquid Powder because I liked the way it smelled thinking it was safer than the regular powder which isn't supposed to be used anymore due to inhalation...anyways...here's my letter to the company and the pics I’m going to send along with it!!!

To Whom this May Concern:

My daughter Grace is 5 ½ months old and since birth I’ve been using Huggies products religiously as they are a trusted name brand and supposed good quality. At least I thought this up until this point. Right now I am in tears writing you this letter as I am outraged. I decided to try your Huggies Liquid Powder because it was supposed to be safer than ‘dry’ powder (due to inhalation) and because I loved the smell. I did not know it would hurt my child. I put it on her for the first time today and about 15 min later she began fussing, then the fussing turned into an inconsolable cry. I tried to soothe her with no success then went to change her diaper and found blood in it. She had 2 scratches on her vaginal area. In the diaper were tiny shards of dried up liquid powder that were scratching my infant to a point where it broke through the skin. I was under the impression that it was Liquid Powder, not Liquid Glass. I’m sorry, I do not mean to be rude but she is my baby and I am infuriated that such a reputable company would distribute and sell such a product that would hurt a child. I have included pictures as proof and I sincerely hope I am taken seriously.

Thank you for your time,

Lisa and Gracie (5 ½ months) Garner

Default RE: PRODUCT WARNING: HUGGIES LIQUID POWDER!!!

OMG!!! I got these in a sample pack when DD was first born and I tried this out on my hand first and it looked similar to that. I totally understand your frustration - they are lucky they haven't been faced with a lawsuit by now!

Oh my gosh!!! Talk about lawsuit waiting to happen! I would call the 1-800 number on the back of the bottle, not wait for them to get your letter and never reply back to you. That's pretty serious if it drew blood! Yikes! Hope your poor babe feels better soon :(
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my gosh, that's horrible! Your poor Gracie! I hope she heals up soon! I hope you get an immediate response to your letter, but I would definitely call the 1-800 number right away.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...merald_18m.gif , 18 months & counting

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catca..._4_Kaya+is.png

Just terrible isn't it? How do these products make it to the market? FYI, Gracie isn't my daugher. I quoted the text from another mom on another board. I just wanted to post it here because I thought this would be a great place to get the word out.

Melissa