Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    NEVE three BUGS and a BEE Guest

Default Would you describe our DEAR butts forum

as not trying to convince people to CD or making sposie people feel like they are inferior, lacking knowledge, dangerous (gosh all for lack of better words)???

I was chatting off line with someone and we got on the topic of sposie and CDing and I was soooo happy that this board has never taken that on and I was thankful for that!!!!!

I've been here for 3 years now researching CDs and of course CDing two at the same time but I honestly shared that I never have witnessed anything like that and just wanted to say I am so glad that our CD mamas are that way.

Would you describe this dear forum that way or am I seeing it thru rose colored glasses.

This is the only CD forum I go to...so I wondered?
    Clarifying that I don't care how anyone diapers their child...was just curious if others felt that comfortable feeling here?

ismommy Guest

Default RE: Would you describe our DEAR butts forum

Great point Neve. I have been away from BBB for awhile and have missed Butts alot. I think it is the most supportive of all the forums. oday I was reading some threads and was sad at how quickly they turn judgemental. We are all on BBB to do the best we can for our children in the way we choose and that should be supported. Whether it is formula feeding, circumsion or vaxing - I don't think others should judge these decisions.Jus thinking of some of the hot button issues. I wonder why noone in Butss has ever rammed cding down a sposie users throat.
    In fact when I first started a few cders tried to talk me out of it - afarid I only wanted teh cute factor. In a way they were right tha is whya I started. But 6 months later and many dolars poorer - we are still cding and loving it.
    Helene
    mommy to Isabella
    and Gunner

RwnMayfair Guest

I agree with you, Neve. I've always liked how the Butts forum here seems to provide information on both cloth and disposables without anyone managing to sound judgemental. I honestly think that makes it easier to research the whole cloth diaper thing for those who are looking for more info, but also allows people to post things about 'sposies without fear of being attacked. This probably also why I've never felt the need to go anywhere else for diapering discussions/info/etc!

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003
    Elowen, August 20, 2005

http://lilypie.com/pic/051031/edeJ.jpg http://b2.lilypie.com/jn4Ym4/.png
    http://lilypie.com/pic/051031/bvVl.jpg http://b1.lilypie.com/9Ogqm5/.png

I agree Neve. I see it more as a huge "knowledge base" than an "us vs. them/cloth vs sposie" forum (like MDC is, for example). There have been many sposie threads where long time CD mamas will chime in with sposie help. Not to say there haven't been a few responses such as "if you really want to avoid poop explosions try cloth" in response to some "help! my NB is leaking constantly" threads, but I've never seen them as malicious or coercive in any way - rather just honest experience from a CD/sposie using mama - as in, "I tried every sposie and they all leaked but when I switched to cloth the leaks stopped". (Whoa! Talk about run-on sentences! Eeks - not sure if that made sense at all!) ANyway, I find this a very supportive place and have "bonded" with more mamas here than any other part of BBB.
    Lynne
    Mommy to C 3/03
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
    And Miss Purple, 5/05

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I first came to Butts looking for info on sposies...and then I started looking at the pics of all the cute CDs, and then I started researching the different kinds of CDs and how they were different from what my Mom used with her kids, and then I thought about how much money I was throwing away in sposies, and then I posted some Qs about CDs I was interested in, and now I make CDs for sale. But I keep sposies on hand, too, and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

I have peeked into other CDing forums, and have chatted about CDing with the one other CDing mama I know IRL, and now I don't do those things anymore. I like the enthusiasm I find here, as opposed to the "you're a (insert mean word) if you don't CD" attitude I've run into elsewhere.
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

pritchettzoo Guest

Butts made me CD! I had no knowledge of cloth before wandering in here. And on the acceptance front, I don't think we've ever had a thread locked in here. :)

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

I joined these boards when I was just a few months pregnant. I can honestly say that I would have never considered using cloth if it weren't for the BBB. When Noah was a newborn I spent hours up every night reading the boards and that is when I decided to take the plunge. We use cloth and disposables around here and I agree with you Neve that this is the one board that openly and warmly addresses both issues.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

totally agree with you. this forum has always been my first stop. It's my home here and most of my good BBB friends come from here. Never ever have I felt uncomfortable sharing that we use disposables right along with our CD's.
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think that this forum is great. I'm definitely most attached to the mamas here (especially since the BBB is so huge) compared to any other board.

And even though we're completely off of the wagon right now (DS won't wear "big" diapers), I don't feel like anyone would judge me for it. Heck, you're all just looking forward to building my newborn stash, right??
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

brigmaman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Petra, I'm going to piggyback on your post. :) I feel the same way. I also post on other boards and have also seen the "non-cders are evil" attitude elsewhere along with a whole lot of competition.
    I was on the BBB before I started CDing. The ladies in this forum explained, clarified and reiterated (when I was too lazy to search)everything I needed to know.
    I think it's more fun than anything over here.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast