Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    brigmaman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Would you describe our DEAR butts forum

When can we get started?!!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Gotta take inventory of what I have already, first, Trish - I think that I have 20-24 K0's and about 10 similar sherpa dipes, so pretty good there. But I'm low on covers and will need some more dipes when those are outgrown!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

rrosen is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

>Butts made me CD! I had no knowledge of cloth before
    >wandering in here.

Exactly the same for me! And this is where I met some of the women I now consider to be close friends. I am grateful to this forum for so many reasons.

I've been in a stage where I have not *needed* advice from butts for a while but, with a new butt on the way I am sure that soon I will be frequenting it again.

For me, Butts is *home* on the BBB

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Neve, you stated exactly how I feel. My attendance/presence on all the other boards is up and down, but I have always felt at home in Butts and will check this forum even if I don't check any other forum. Although I CD 100%, I know it isn't everyone's choice and that's totally fine. I love all the mamas here, both CD'ers, sposie'rs and combo users. If someone has a question or problem with either, I love how everyone chimes in with their experiences and more importantly, their support. And I agree with everyone else; I don't think a thread has ever been locked here, and most of the ones (I can think of only one recently, though) that have had parts of it deleted have been from newbies, possibly trolls. This place has always given me the warm fuzzies and has made me laugh and generally feel better. I will always think of this place as home more than any other place, including the other BBB forums. As Lynne said, most of my closest friends on the BBB are from here. Thanks for starting this Neve!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ies/candle.gif for Leah
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...merald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catca..._4_Kaya+is.png
    Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

NEVE three BUGS and a BEE Guest

Default THANKS GUYS- I so hope it NEVER changes

What a wonderful group of gals!!!!

NEVE three BUGS and a BEE Guest

Default LORI- I can't wait!!!!!

This is one of those little ones that Auntie Neve can't wait to arrive!!!!

JLiebCamm Guest

This is the only CD forum that I visit, but it was wonderful in helping me to switch to CDing. And I agree with the openness and friendliness that you describe. When I was thinking of only CDing in the evenings I had plenty of good advice from other mothers who had been there and done that. Of course, I ended up switching to CDs fulltime anyways!

papal Guest

This is exactly how I feel too! Many of my friends, I found right here in Butts. We are a fun, supportive group of mamas who tell-it-like-it is. I think most of us pretty much follow the whatever-works school of parenting. I have never felt like cd-mamas have judged non cd-mamas... sure we have joked when we see a sposie on a fluffy-butt but it is in fun and I don't think anyone was offended (i hope not anyway). I hope it stays that way.

I too don't get time to check in here often.. I wish I had more time to spend, helping out newbies.. I feel guilt about that sometimes. If it was not for the enormous help, support and humour of the mamas here, I would not have CDed and had fun doing so! I wish I got time to hang out here more often but the whole diaper-fetish thing really made me realize the BBB (and Butts) is not as private as I thought it was.. you know?

I am rambling but just wanted to acknowledge that the mamas here are fabulous!!

ribbit1019 Guest

No rose colored glasses for you Neve!! Butts is the first forum I lurked on, and the first one I felt comfortable asking a question in. The mom's here are the ones I feel most at ease with and are the one's whose posts I would look for in the lounge. I always knew what they had to say would be as equally respectable there as here.
    I was so overwhelmed when I first started posting, so many baby forums and boards, yikes! But I relented to just posting here, for my own sanity. Usually, if there is good info on another board one of the more time savvy mom's will bring it up here anyway. :)

Christy
    "My Mommy" to Maddy born 06/09/04
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
    and soon to Little Man due 03/02/06
    http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals!!
    http://s14.invisionfree.com/BBB_Preg...act=Reg&CODE=0

nitaghei Guest

I think this is the friendliest and non-judgmental board. And I don't remember any post where any mama was disrespectful or strident about diapering choices made by anyone else.

I would never have considered CD'g but for the mamas here - particularly Beth and Lori. And now I'm so hard-core I'm still doing it, even though we've moved and I have to haul dipes and my kid 18 floors to do laundry. :)

Nita (fleece is my friend)
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast