Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default RE: Would you describe our DEAR butts forum

Although I was thinking about it anyway (my sis CD'd), I was really convinced by Butts! Tons of regular mamas, SAHMs, WOHMs, whatever, who were really doing it, and it was no big deal.

It was a post of Pam's (toomanystrollers) that made me look up from the computer and ask DH "what do you think of cloth diapers?" He said, sounds like a good idea, and I was off and running.

Thanks, ladies! I also like that Butts is mostly about information and tips, rather than "look at what I bought". Not that those threads aren't fun, but they make other diapering forums too competitive for me!
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I think it's a great place. While lots of us CD, I have never heard anyone say anything nasty to someone with a question on sposies. I do read another board and it's not as nice to non-CD people. Heck, most of us have used sposies at one time or another. They're convenient and aren't exactly evil!

Anyway, I love this place. Everyone is nice and encouraging and helpful.
    Kris

lilycat88 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default As a non CDing mom...

I can honestly saw that I've never felt made to feel inferior for our decision to use sposies exclusively. I do check this board as often as I do others and have gained a lot of knowledge about cloth diapers that I didn't have before. Still, that wasn't enough to make me feel pressured to CD. Susanna is going to be an only so there is no "passing down" of diapers and as a mom working outside the home more than full time most weeks, I couldn't cope with learning how to do one more thing. If my life situation were different, I probably would have considered CDing.

That being said, one of the reasons I do check this board is to lend whatever help I can to the non CDing set. That is the same reason I poke around the Feeding board as well...to provide support and whatever help I can to those who are formula feeding either by choice or fate.

Jamelin
    Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

pittsburghgirl Guest

I always come here first when I get on the computer, because I love everyone here.

I don't exclusively CD and at the moment we are in a down cycle (need to strip to get rid of stink but don't have time) and I like that no one has ever made me feel bad for doing so. (I have to admit that back when DS was on formula, I sometimes didn't like the tone of some of the formula question responses on the feeding forum, there was a little too much pushing for BF rather than support for whatever situation someone was in - as someone who desperately wanted to BF but had too much difficulty to do so, that really bothered me). But I digress. I have been on other BB's that definitely are not inclusive of even people who CD part-time, which is sad, we should all support each other.

(My favorite is always the comments about how much easier it is to CD. This depends so much on what your life is like but the real proselytizers make it sound like there isn't any comparison, CDing is SOOOO much easier -- something that I have not found to be the case. I CD for other reasons!)

So, thanks, CD mamas for being so awesome. (Although I do blame you for the amount of money I have spent which I had no business in spending :)

Marilee
    mommy to James
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I rarely post in Butts, but I do think that this is a very supportative and non-judgemental forum. It was my intent when I was PG to CD however, DD's DCP will only accept cloth if provided by a diaper service and I cannot afford that. So, here I am still wanting to CD, but using sposies. My intent now is to use cloth evenings and weekends, I just need to take the plunge!
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: As a non CDing mom...

I think this is what makes Butts a great place--that Jamelin still hangs around to support the sposie mamas along with all the great support of the CDing mamas. We started with sposies, went to CDs for a while, then back to sposies, and now will be going back to prefolds for the end (hopefully the end, anyway) of DS's diapering career. I would have NEVER tried CD's without Butts--Pam, Lori, Beth, Debbi and Anna were all instrumental. Heck, hearing about everyone's experiences both positive and negative (Neve's crickets, Rashmi's monkey dipes) have always been SO educational. In the meantime I think I've been really informed and completely embraced by the mamas here--super helpful and sweeeeet.

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew, who is two and a half!

NEVE three BUGS and a BEE Guest

Default OHHH Marilee say it isn't so!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry to hear that the tone of some the formula question responses on the feeding forum were upsetting, the pushing for BF rather than support for someone situation. That is so sad!!!! Especially on a message board that attracts "baby baragains" population and whose feeding forum is arranged in a way to capture all kinds of feeding questions and not just one way or the other. How unfair and inconsiderate of anyone who prays on mamas like that and affects their mamahood with their little babes!!!!

I hope this lovely community never does that!!!!!

You're awesome and we are sooo glad you are here!!!!

Default taking the plunge

that happend to me too...I had my stash and then just sat there for awhile I still remember "the plunge", the first wet CD the panic "is it supposed to be wet???"...

we are here for you if you ever take the plunge or not!!!!
    heck we'll help you pick out a stash if you use it or not!!!!

we love butts!!!!

Default RE: As a non CDing mom...

So glad you are here!!!!

Default Guilty of the cute factor here too!!

I will be honest and say that I do NOT CD because of 1. environment, 2. health benefits or 3. feels better (not convinced, those Pamper Swaddlers are pretty damn nice!). I CD exclusively for the joy of a monkey-face on my DS's butt!!

The ladies here are extra extra-supportive, CD-ing is a completely different language to me (still is), so without Tarah, Eileen, Nita, Lori and SO many others I probably would have given up as I felt lost in a maze :)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast