Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Judegirl Guest

Default I don't think we can cd anymore...(long and whiny)

...and the thought makes me just miserable. But I just can't keep up with the wash. It takes 4 hours to wash and dry our cds at the laundromat, and that's in the middle of the night when I don't have to wait for dryers. I do it twice a week, and it's killing me - I come home from work, drag the bag out to the car and spend the next 4 hours alone at the dreary laundromat. I don't get to sleep until 5am and I haven't even done anything on my dissertation when it's all over - just laundry!

She ends up in dispies for about 2-3 days out of the week as it is, becuase I can never get to the laundry when I need to - long night at work, too tired, whatever. I dread the whole process each and every time. And that doesn't even include her clothes, our clothes, and household linens and towels! We live at the frickin' laundromat and I just can't seem to get anything else done.

I just bought a whole new stash, too - including a bunch of gorgeous CB AIOs that I just love to put on her, along with extra soakers. I grumble every time I have to reach for disposables. I've only had her new stash up and running for about 6 weeks. (I hate to sell them because I barely got to use them, and besides, lol, no one ever buys my stuff...I must be doing something wrong!)

I'm so tired. I can't give up my job or my dissertation or any more of my time with Rory. I don't know what else to do. I know, if it's not making me happy, etc...but cding DOES make me happy. Finding a way to get the laundry done doesn't! LOL.

I guess I just wanted to unload to people who I knew would understand. Thanks for listening (reading.)

Jude

Saartje is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: I don't think we can cd anymore...(long and whiny)

Not pushing you to continue CDing (you've got to do what you've got to do!), but can you not work on your dissertation at the laundromat? I've always found them a good place to study/write/what have you.

Bummer! Seriously, though, Jude, if I had to go to the laundromat to wash CDs, I'd sposie dipe, too. And this is coming from the woman who has only bought about 5 packs of 36 sposies in two years.

Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

Judegirl Guest

No, I'm at the transcription stage and will be for several months. Can't transcribe interviews at the laundromat. :(

Judegirl Guest

Default Tarah

Thanks, Tarah. Your cd success makes me envious! Btw, I emailed you.

Maybe there is someone you could pay to go to the laundromat for you? Or does your laundromat have drop-off service where you pay by the pound for them to wash your clothes for you?

...Karen
    DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
    http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/bo...breastfed2.gif

Saartje is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I see the difficulty there, Jude. But rest easy. We aren't going to take your Good Mommy badge away for using sposies. We won't even take your CDer badge away. :)

I think you deserve a medal (and a cookie) for even trying to cd without in-house laundry facilities. Do you know how many guys I used to know in my college days who used to wear everything twice or even three times to avoid going to the laundromat for a couple extra days!? Don't feel bad at all. Your time with your child and spent on school work is way more important than a few months or a year of disposable dipes. You did your part! PS: Have you considered selling your stash on Ebay? I have seen a lot of used cd stuff go for pretty decent prices there. Take care!

come on gals! let's have a bake sale to buy jude a washer/dryer!!!!

you are a strong mama for getting this far. i understand how sad you feel to think you will have to give it up. cds make me happy, too.

i hope you find a solution that works for you. but if not, your dipes have my condolances!!
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

holliam Guest

Oh Jude, that's a bummer!

What about a diaper service? I never could have managed to CD if I had to use a laundromat either so WOO WOO to you! But, I honestly had planned on using a diaper service. Every time I moved, I made sure the area had one--yes, even before I had kids! LOL

Holli

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast