Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Please help! Where to get hospital-style wipes (soft disposable washcloths)?

Hi everyone:
    First, I have to brag - our darling baby girl was born last Weds (Mar 15) and is utterly beautiful. Second, a question: do you know where I can buy soft disposable washcloths like they gave us in the hospital? These are not store wipes with chemicals, fragrance, alcohol, moisture, but just soft (disposable) washcloths that need to be doused in warm water before use. Our baby started to get a diaper rash when we switched to the Target alcohol-free wipes, and we are almost out of the ones they gave us when we left the hospital. Any advice would be appreciated! We are desperate!

Alternately, if you have any other suggestions for soft paper towels or wipes for sensitive newborn bottoms, please let me know! Many thanks.

Default RE: Please help! Where to get hospital-style wipes (soft disposable washcloths)?

cloth wipes are my first suggestion- but if your really want to toss 'em, how about cotton balls?
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

Default RE: Please help! Where to get hospital-style wipes (soft disposable washcloths)?

Pampers Sensitive wipes have worked very well for us. Our DD also got a rash from regular wipes.

writermama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We used Viva brand paper towels, each sheet cut into quarters, until we discovered cloth wipes. I bought the towels in big packs at Target. Before use, we wet them with warm water from the tap. It really helped reduce the number of rashes DD had and it also saved us a ton of money.

If you want to use some soap, you can mix a bottle of whatever sensitive skin baby wash works well for you and distilled water.

(Now when we're using sposies, we use Huggies fragrance-free natural care wipes and we've had good results with that.)

Congratulations and good luck finding a solution that works for you.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I made baby wipes for my oldest 2 with Viva paper towels. I would use a bread knife and cut the roll into 2 short rolls take out the center cardboard and put thim in rubbermade canister They were generic pop-up style wipes. I used 2TBLS of baby bath and 2 cups of water. Worked great.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

KHF is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl!

I also wanted to get some of the disposable wipes they gave us in the hospital. So much so that I called the hospital to find out the manufacturer. Ours were made by Encompass Medical. And they do sell direct to the general public. Their website is:
    http://www.encompassgroup.net/encomp...TechStyles.asp
    The ones we had were the SofSorb Cleaners. I called their 1-800 number and a very helpful lady sent me the info I'd need to order. You do have to buy a CASE though. I think it was going to be about $75 including shipping.

That being said, I ordered some cloth wipes and have been using those instead. I got them from Gretchen on the rec of people from this site. Her ebay id is trudy4u...they are very nice wipes! I also got some Honey Chunks in sensitive to use as a wipes solution.

HTH
    Kirsten
    Mom to Laurel - born 8.22.2005

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hey Jeana, what happened to Nathan in your siggie? :)

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ies/candle.gif for Leah
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...pphire_24m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catca...-6_Kaya+is.png
    Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

marcywench Guest

Do you have the package from what they gave you? I looked them up and found them online. I can't remember the name of the company.

I'd call L&D at the hospital, but the nurse I really can't stand works weekend nights.

kphil Guest

When our first was a newborn, I also wanted to use the kind they used in the hospital, but couldn't find them. Instead, we bought those cotton cosmetic squares--do you know what I mean? They're not very big, but they were big enough for a tiny baby bum :). We had switched to cloth by the time our second was born, so used cloth wipes.

Kirsten

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Target wipes are pretty harsh from what I remember (we tried them with DS because we had them as a gift and he got all red). We use the Huggies Newborn wipes for the first month or so and then switch to the regular Huggies unscented.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast