dawell0 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Cloth diaper trial pack?

What is the best site for me to buy a "trial" package of cloth diapers, specifically one that has different kinds of systems? I am unsure of what type of diaper system that I would like to invest in because my mom will be dealing with it when I am at work. She is probably the more picky person that I. She wants just prefolds done exactly how she used to do for us in the early 70s (she never used plastic pants because she thinks that the cotton prefolds alone breathe and prevent diaper rash--I don't know). I tried to explain to her that there are lots of options now that are not disposable and don't leak all over the place, but until I show her, on a doll I suppose, I don't think that I will get it through her head.

I posted in our Preggo Pals site and got great suggestions to use prefolds with fleece or nylon covers so that there is breathability. I think that would be the option that I would like initially, since I have no idea how big the baby will be or how chunky their legs or butt will be. Also, knowing my mother, she will change the baby probably every hour or more too, so it would be best to have a system that is cheap enough to have TONS of diapers available. Still, it would be nice to see what's out there now (like the AIOs) just in case the baby has to go visit DH's EXTREMELY anti-cloth relatives or anyone else unfamiliar with cloth.

Default RE: Cloth diaper trial pack?

You might consider the 'Test Drive Set' at www.sunshinediapers.com. The package includes prefolds, fitteds, pockets, and AIOs. You can use the diapers for 3 months then return them for a 75% credit. It seems like a pretty good way to try out a variety of CDs. I didn't get the test drive set, but I did order some other items from them and was happy with the customer service.

FWIW, I ended up using a combination of prefolds and Kissaluvs. I preferred the prefolds with pull on nylon covers. DH liked the Kissaluvs with Prowrap covers.

Good luck!
    Jodi

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Cloth diaper trial pack?

I stumbled across this site today:
    http://www.wholefamilymarket.com/shop/home.php?cat=22

It looks like it has several different package options to test and see what you prefer using.
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums