Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How do I know...

if my toilet is compatible with a Mini Shower? All I can find is that I need a flexible water line - but I don't quite know what that means. The water supply line is silver and does not flex, but ?? Can anyone explain to this clueless mama? I can take a pic of the line if that would help :) TIA!

Allison

searchdog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: How do I know...

Post a photo it will help. You do need the flexible supply line, but that is easy to replace if you have the right set up. Originally our upstairs toilet didn't have one and when DH fixed the toilet a few months back he replaced the rigid line with a flexible one, it was very easy to do.

Post a pic that includes the line, the part (valve) at the wall, and the part that attaches at the toilet.
    :)
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07
    "You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway."

Default Here's a picture

Here is the pic:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34896.jpg

We are renting so I doubt we can change the water line. I hope it is ok because I think DH really might faint if I told him about the "Dunk and Swish" method - he's a germaphobe. :) Thank you both!

Allison

Default RE: Here's a picture

Sorry to tell you that it looks like you and I have the same wonky one. You have a flexible hose between the wall and toilet. But look at the part where the hose attaches to the valve thing: it is soldered (sp?) on (at least it appears so in the photo). The mini-shower I had required that that part screw on. If there's another option, hopefully someone will know. ETA: The illustration here might give you some idea of what I'm talking about: http://www.wildflowerdiapers.com/cat...Fcategory%3D39.

My diaper guru (local retailer) thinks she found a good quality sink spray-hose. If you're interested, I can find out more from her.

FWIW, I don't dunk and swish, I just kinda drop the poop into the potty and wipe with TP if necessary. Depends on the consistency of the poop, I guess. I occasionally rinse/soak in a sink.
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07

Default A close up of that part...

Thanks Marisa. I took an up-close picture of that part - looking at the pics in that link it does look like I have the wrong kind. :( Just wanted to add another picture in case someone has been able to hook up a minishower with this type of connection.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34898.jpg

Allison

Default RE: A close up of that part...

Thanks for the close up. Yep, you have the same as mine. I found that you can buy a whole new wall-connector-thingy (forget the name). they are fairly inexpensive (10 bucks?), but then you'd need a plumber which would get more pricey. Since you're renting, I wouldn't think it was worth it, but maybe your landlords would approve and even agree to pay for some?
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07

Thanks Marisa! I don't think we'll try to change stuff at this point. Maybe we'll just have to buy a house ;) I'll probably be the only person looking at the toilet plumbing when looking at houses. I don't think a sink bidet will work for us either, unfortunately. Guess for now I just have more diaper $. :) Thanks for the help!

Allison

My friend was not too eager to use the dunk and swish method and her DD has really messy poops. She really likes the flushable cellulose diaper liners. You can try those?

Sorry to put a damper on your bidet dreams! ;) I was saddened by it too. Crossing fingers that someone with more plumbing expertise might have any easy fix for both of us. :)
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07

Allison!
    I may have good news. I'm hoping someone with more experience can chime in, but check this out: http://minishower.com/hemorrhoids_treatment_relief.html

It looks like we can use this type on our wonky toilets because you only need to connect at the toilet part, not at the wall!
    (Sorry, it seems like that's what your original question was regarding; I just had experience with a different brand.)

ps- your hose is metal, but it still bends (is flexible) from the the looks of it.

pps- I found it for $36.50 with free shipping here: http://www.angelwraps.com/
    Not sure of the best price though.

Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast