Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mommyoftwo Guest

Default RE: HELP! Poop burning skin off her butt!

She has a lot of food intolerances so she actually has a fairly limited diet. She's extremely lactose intolerant so she is still nursing exclusively for any source of dairy. I've had some yogurt the last few days. I'll cut that out in case it's bothering her. I used to not be able to eat even hidden dairy but she's been doing much better so I can have some things now.

mommyoftwo Guest

Skipping desitin and adding probiotics. We'll see what happens. Thanks!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Could it be a stomach bug? All of a sudden DS was having toxic very loose poops - they even smelt sickly. I took him to the doctor, after a few specimen tests it was confirmed that he had a stomach bug, he had to have medicine to clear it up. He then got another bug a few weeks later. He was on reflux meds, and his doctor had just read an article about link btw reflux meds and increased gastro problems...something to do with less acidity in stomach letting bacteria grow. He went on proboitcs in conjunction with meds to clear up the diarrhea and he was much better. Just thought I'd mention it as family were with us and said oh it's just loose poop don't worry about it, but it was so unlike him to go that frequently for so many days and it just smelt sick, I knew there was something more to it.
    I hope she starts to feel better.
    Nicci

when dylan had 2 months of this, my ped told me he needed more junk food, lol!!! try cutting out some of the fiber and adding some bulk. my ped told me to feed him a big ol' hamburger bun. lots of white bread. sounds terrible, as i am a whole grains kinda gal. but we were desperate.
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It may be the eggs! I have a nephew that had real issues (bottem end) with eggs. Its something to do with the proteins in the egg whites. Try taking them out of her diet for a couple weeks. As Im sure you know you can be sensitive to something without being allergic.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

mommyoftwo Guest

The problem is that she is sensitive to both wheat and corn which makes it nearly impossible to give her that kind of stuff. The closest I can come is waffles made with rice and potatoe starch.

mommyoftwo Guest

Definitely understand the sensitivity thing. I'll take out the eggs and see what happens. She isn't having loose stools at all, but it might be because she's having bananas and rice at the same time.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I was thinking the same thing about a stomach bug. I thought that I read that she had 6-7bms in one day when I replied earlier on the 411 board but for some reason when I reread the original message I didn't see that part (that's what I get for skimming). 6-7bms in 24 hours is not normal. I'd take her in.

Beth

mommyoftwo Guest

Yeah, I think I might have added additional info when I cross posted realizing that I had left out some things out. I am wondering if she might have some sort of bug too. I'll going to give the ped a call tomorrow if she doesn't look any better in the morning. Her poor little bum is oozing everywhere right now so I need to start using neosporin or something like that or we are going to end up with a nasty infection.

scoop22 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

i am so sorry about the sore butt... ds went through the sore thing last month. nothing helped. until we used Lotramin. sometimes the dr. wants to see them. ours said no.. we tried the lotramin and it was gone the next night. we also did baking soda baths. two a day.
    he loved that. i hope her butt clears up. i can still hear ds screaming b/c of this.. boo hoo..

keep us posted..
    http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast