Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default RE: Getting better

I'm glad she's getting better. You must be so relieved.
    Shannon

tarynsmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I"m glad to hear her bum is clearing up.

more ((hugs)) to ya mama
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in Pittsburgh PA.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!

shellybelly Guest

Default RE: HELP! Poop burning skin off her butt!

i have a few friends that had the same problem, and they said it always happened when their babies were cutting teeth. they said the doctors said that they had more acid in their tummies, and that it transferred to their poop. i don't know how they fixed it, but it looks like you've gotten plenty of help that way, but i do know that teething was the culprit with all three of them. sorry i can't help much. good luck.

denna is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hey Jessica-

Good to hear its getting better. Have you tried putting Lanolin on the rash/ sores? DS had a reaction to something I was eating in the early weeks of breastfeeding and MIL bought a big jar of Lanolin (the same thing you use for nipple soreness) and it worked wonders on DS's bum. We still use it now when we see his tushy getting red.

HTH

Denna
    Denna

Mama to THREE adorable kiddos

Mommy's KINDERGARTENER DS1 born Apr/2006 happily harnessed in his Frontier
    Mommy's belly baby DD born Jul/2009 content in her Boulevard
    Mommy's little hedgehog DS2 born May/2011; riding unhappily in his Chaperone

Amaris Guest

I would wait a while to try eggs again. My youngest is severely allergic to eggs, and his first symptom was intestinal(sp?). He didn't have diaper issues, they came out the other end. Everyone just thought he had an upset tummy. The next time I tried to feed him eggs (about 3 weeks later) he put one bite in his mouth, spit it out, and immediately started getting hives and swelling on his face. This is just my opinion but I would see about allergy testing first. They can do a simple blood test first to see if she is allergic, then if that comes back positive they will do the scratch test. Just thought you might want to know.

mommyoftwo Guest

Just wanted to let you know that I took your advice and when Linnea had her doctor's appointment yesterday I asked about allergy testing. Because she has a lot of different food intolerances, we are being referred to a pediatric allergist to see if they are true allergies. In the mean time, I'm avoiding everything that I know causes problems. Thanks again!

scoop22 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

i hope everything works out for your dd.. it is so hard when you don't know what is causing things.. good luck..
    http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4