Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default "convertible" disposable diaper - sound familiar?

Maybe about 2 yrs ago one of the major disposable diaper companies came out with a product that could either be put on using velcro tabs, like a normal diaper, or pulled on like a pull-up. I think they may have been called "Convertibles". At the time I could envision no use for such a product since my DD was super-compliant with diaper changes. But now DS is really giving me a run for my money - he won't stay on his back for longer than about 2 seconds, and I'm sick of chasing him down with a handful of wipes, trying desperately to catch him before he decides to plop his poopy little butt down on the carpet. I looked on the Huggies and Pampers websites but couldn't find anything like this. I know they existed just 2 years ago. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and where I might be able to find something like this? TIA...

writermama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: "convertible" disposable diaper - sound familiar?

It's not in your head. I have a sample of one that I never opened, because my DD has always been good about changes. I haven't seen them in stores for a while.

Yeah, 'huggies convertibles'...I see them sometimes still at less-shopped at places like Kmart or my grocery store, and snagged a size 5 pack last time I saw them. Such a good idea, too bad they didn't stay on the market. Maybe a pack of 2t pullups to have one on hand for the worst of the worst changes... or a baby bjorn little potty (we have a natural instinct not to soil ourselves, I think that's why kids hate diapers, and can be potty trained from birth, if only parents knew it is possible :) )
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Radosti is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just saw them at the store... now which store was it. I am thinking it was CVS.
    DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts

Pullups have velcro on the side so they can be opened and closed. Maybe that would work for you?
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

tarynsmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yep. They're in a blue-ish package. I have one left over from my niece, if you can't find any and want my package.
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in Pittsburgh PA.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!

Pullups with velcro? No :(...they just have rippable sides. That's what was cool about the convertibles...they were pullups with velcro...rippable sides AND velcro tabs.
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

That would be awesome. I've looked all over the internet but no one seems to carry them. I'll try some local stores too but the more I can find the better - I feel like this is going to be the perfect solution for my guy. What size are the ones you have?

Yeah, Huggies convertibles. They are still sold in nearly every store here. They are in a purple package. I'm in Virginia by the way.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

skipspin Guest

My pull-ups have velcro sides ;-) they are GREAT!

I got the Huggies Princess ones in 2/3t. I still have a few hanging around that I keep in the car for after swimming lessons. (DD likes to drink the entire pool, then when we are in the middle of a residential area say, "Mommy, I need to go potty now, and I can't hold it." It's a lot easier to undo the pullup and put it under everything than to take her panties, pants and Converse hi-tops off. It's also easier than washing the car seat. LOL.)

I do remember the convertables, but never bought them.

~Joy

(maybe it's a new thing Julie...??? I have had some since DD was 2, so in the last year.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast