Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: "convertible" disposable diaper - sound familiar?

That's weird - they don't seem to sell them anywhere around here (Chicago) anymore. I wonder if they are a regional product or something like that? Maybe I will have to have a crate shipped to me from Virginia...

Wow, yeah, gotta be a crazy new invention, lol... I'm *glad* I'm wrong!!!!

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

nisi is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

These?
    http://www.amazon.com/Huggies-Conver.../dp/B000669FCM

They're discontinued :-( probably because once they added the velcro sides to the pull-ups there wasn't much reason for them. The ones pp is seeing in VA must be old stock I guess? If you can't find any convertibles I'd give the newer velcro side pull-ups a try. They *can* be put on like a diaper but it's going to be different from what you're used to. Not difficult, just a little weird until you get used to it. DD wears a pull-up most nights and it's about half and half for her wanting to pull it on herself or lay down (she MUST lay down... <sigh> toddlers :P ) and have me put it on for her, so I do have experience with this ;) BTW - the velcro sides are MUCH better for removing a messy disper than the old tear-off ones!

Nisi
    CPS tech and mom to 2 girls, 2/01 and 12/04

Can someone tell me which pull-ups have velcro sides? I have only seen the ones with tear-off sides. I basically just need the velcro for getting it off and maybe adjusting the tightness a little bit once it's on, so a pull-up with velcro sides would be perfect. DS must know I'm investigating options because for the past day and a half he INSISTS on being changed standing up. And he's only 9 mos old. I can tell that life is going to get very interesting as time goes on...

The Huggies pullups have the velcro sides - the Pampers ones do not.

Good luck!

Jen

tarynsmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

they're size 4, I believe. It's not a huge package, I think there's like 40 -something in there? I haven't seen it in awhile, it's at the bottom of DD's closet, lol./
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in Pittsburgh PA.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I was just in a Longs Drug store today and saw a bunch of Huggies Convertibles on the shelf in size 5... I actually almost bought them!

I know the pull ups have the velcro sides but they are not as convenient as a diaper tab!

I'll check next time I'm out shopping for you to see which sizes they are. What size do you need by the way?

Right now we need size 4, but I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before size 5. I wonder why they are so easy to find in some areas, and non-existent around here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2