Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    cammievb Guest

Default RE: Reader Poll: Disposable Diapers!

Fave Brand:
    We've used Huggies, Pampers and the Babies R Us brand.

Huggies are so-so -- we get leaks at night.

Pampers but ONLY the Swaddlers.

Haven't one problem with the Babies R us brand at all.

Best Deal:
    Sign up for the Babies R Us mailing list. Use their $5 off or 15% off coupons in conjunction with manufacturer coupons to get GREAT deals on teh name brands (like $7 off per package). That said, the store brand is still cheaper with the 15% off.

ronsturgill Guest

Pampers is the #1 diaper for our Hannah.
    Huggies did not fit well and would leak.
    Publix seems to have deals when you can catch them on sale but Super WalMart is a good all around location to purchase them.
    Lansinoh wipes are the top wipes we have used. They are both thick and damp enough to get the job done. Target and drugstore.com are good places to find this product.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have used different brands at different times because DD's shaped kept changing. For the first 5 months, Target brand was the best, then we went to cloth service for 4 months, then Pampers Cruisers, then Kirkland, and that is what we are currently using.

Luvs didn't work well for us, the tabs were cheapy.

Generally we get our dipes at Target with the coupon, but now we are obviously at Costco.

For wipes, we've generally stuck with the Kirkland, although I get the Target knockoffs of pampers (scentfree) to put in my traveling wipe dispenser. The Kirkland is just too bulky for the diaper bag.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Favorite brand are Pampers Swaddlers and now Cruisers, though I still dislike the mesh liner in the cruisers (unless DD has diarrhea (sp?)) If the Cruisers had elastic at the back like the Huggies Supremes it would be great. DD has plumber's butt a lot these days. From a dryness standpoint, I thought luvs were OK too, before DD could move much, but non-stretchy tabs just don't seem comfortable. We use Huggies overnites at night because DD kept waking up wet in Cruisers.

Huggies Supremes did not work for DD as an infant but are OK now (no leaks) though a bit short in the rise. I like the elastic at the back. Also seem a bit narrow in the crotch on DD. The re-deisgned Pampers Baby dry are OK but are short in the rise and generally do not fit as well.

I usually buy dipes at Target or Babies r Us (especially if I have a store coupon.) BJ's is also competitive where I live. Sam's Club is not.

The only wipes we use are Pampers sensitive. All other wipes seem to wipe roughly and the thicker Huggies wipes don't get into the *crevices* the way the thinner Pampers wipes do. I find the scent in all scented wipes to be overpowering.

JenDC is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

1. Huggies- the cheaper ones
    2. Pampers or any brand without eleastic at the back. Our skinny baby needs elastic to keep the diaper on.
    3. Costco. WHile the sale price at other stores sometimes matches the Costco price, I'm not willing to run around that much.
    4. The Costco Kirkland wipes are better and cheaper than the brand name ones I've tried.

Jen
    mom to Shoshana 3.29.06

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8