Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default RE: Reader Poll: Disposable Diapers!

1. Pampers Cruisers. I liked Tushies (gel-free), but they were expensive and hard to find.

2. Target brand diapers consistently leaked for newborn. Never tried them after that. I found the brown 7th Generation ones to be too bulky.

3. I didn't look around too much, but get them at Target. (We use cloth mostly, but keep disposables around.)

4. DD has sensitve skin. The best disposable wipes for us are Target Sensitive Skin. I haven't found those recently, so I've started getting the Pampers Sensitive Skin which work well too (but are more expensive).
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07
    "You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway."

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

1. What's your favorite brand of disposable diapers?
    For newborn, I liked White cloud from walmart, followed by Huggies. Then we went to 1-2 size of Kirkland (Costco) and they worked really well. Now she is in size 2 which is a little too big,( but hey, it's better than too small!) in Pampers. She's had a few blow outs, but I think it is more due to size than quality.

2. Any diapers that did NOT work for you?
    Hate hate hate the Huggies regular. The area in the front where the diaper is sealed was a mess, bulky and really scratchy. DD whimpered for a day before I figured it out. To their credit, when I contacted the company, they sent me a coupon for a free pkg. up to $16. This time I got the 'Supremes" but still haven't tried them yet.

Pampers newborn leaked like crazy.

3. Where do you find the best deals on diapers?
    Costco. We'll go back when DD is in 3s.

4. Diaper wipes---any favorites? Any ones to avoid?
    We've only tried Huggies Natural Care sensitive. We get them at Walmart, in the big refill pack.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For newborn, I liked White cloud from walmart, followed by Huggies. Then we went to 1-2 size of Kirkland (Costco) and they worked really well. Now she is in size 2 which is a little too big,( but hey, it's better than too small!) in Pampers. She's had a few blow outs, but I think it is more due to size than quality.

Hate hate hate the Huggies regular. The area in the front where the diaper is sealed was a mess, bulky and really scratchy. DD whimpered for a day before I figured it out. To their credit, when I contacted the company, they sent me a coupon for a free pkg. up to $16. This time I got the 'Supremes" but still haven't tried them yet.

Pampers newborn leaked like crazy.

Costco. We'll go back when DD is in 3s.

We've only tried Huggies Natural Care sensitive. We get them at Walmart, in the big refill pack.

lilycat88 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

1. Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers. Huggies Overnight when we were going through a period where she was wetting VERY heavy at night. They are somewhat spotty on availability.

2. Hated Huggies. The newborn ones we used (granted...over 2 years ago)were stiff as cardboard and we never tried any other types until the Overnights.

3. I like getting diapers from Amazon.com. They have a larger box than you can get at Target/Meijer/Walmart and when you get them during their sale for $10 off a purchase of $49.99 in Grocery (diapers and wipes are included), it's a decent deal. Plus, no tax and free shipping to my door. I'll pay a little more generally not to have to lug a box of diapers around but this way I don't have to.

4. Pampers Sensitive for diaper changes. We use the Costco Kirkland brand for *other* wipes usage. They are great to just have around for generaly clean up. DD seems to have a little more sensitivity to them for diapering but we do use them when out since they are in the diaper bag.

Jamelin
    Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

lilycat88 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

1. Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers. Huggies Overnight when we were going through a period where she was wetting VERY heavy at night. They are somewhat spotty on availability.

2. Hated Huggies. The newborn ones we used (granted...over 2 years ago)were stiff as cardboard and we never tried any other types until the Overnights.

3. I like getting diapers from Amazon.com. They have a larger box than you can get at Target/Meijer/Walmart and when you get them during their sale for $10 off a purchase of $49.99 in Grocery (diapers and wipes are included), it's a decent deal. Plus, no tax and free shipping to my door. I'll pay a little more generally not to have to lug a box of diapers around but this way I don't have to.

4. Pampers Sensitive for diaper changes. We use the Costco Kirkland brand for *other* wipes usage. They are great to just have around for generaly clean up. DD seems to have a little more sensitivity to them for diapering but we do use them when out since they are in the diaper bag.

Jamelin
    Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We're a cloth family, too, but due to washing machine problems we occassionally use disposibles.

1. Favorite is Huggies Supreme. Next is Target brand.
    2. Pampers Baby Dry seemed to leak more than others. All-in-all Pampers smell pretty bad. It was hard to know if the baby needed changing or if it was just a bad mix of pee and perfume we were smelling.
    3. Target with coupons.
    4. Cloth. I won't use disposible wipes. Even on a vacation when I'm bring disposible diapers, I bring cloth wipes. They are just so much better all around! If I had to do disposible diapers all the time, I'd still use cloth wipes.
    Kris

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We're a cloth family, too, but due to washing machine problems we occassionally use disposibles.

1. Favorite is Huggies Supreme. Next is Target brand.
    2. Pampers Baby Dry seemed to leak more than others. All-in-all Pampers smell pretty bad. It was hard to know if the baby needed changing or if it was just a bad mix of pee and perfume we were smelling.
    3. Target with coupons.
    4. Cloth. I won't use disposible wipes. Even on a vacation when I'm bring disposible diapers, I bring cloth wipes. They are just so much better all around! If I had to do disposible diapers all the time, I'd still use cloth wipes.
    Kris

- We use Huggies - the regular ones, not Supreme.

- We have tried pretty much every diaper that is widely marketed. Our son is skinny, and most diapers did not fit him well, especially when he was small. Others leaked, or smelled too perfumey.

Pampers - didn't fit well (although we used the Swaddlers early on and they were ok. I know most people love them!
    Luvs - didn't fit well - seemed WAY too big and they SMELLED!!!
    Huggies Supreme - they were great, but our guy didn't need the Supreme part and we save money by using the regular ones!
    Store Brands - CVS, Target, Wal-Mart - none of them fit well enough. I always felt like the tabs were coming undone!

We buy in bulk at Costco!!!

I thought the Pampers Sensitive ones felt nice but they smelled yucky (as you can see, I'm quite sensitive to smells!) The Huggies ones have no scent, but felt kinda scratchy. Now we use the Costco Kirkland ones and we love them. They have no scent and are cheap, and they actually feel great!

thomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

For size 5 and 6: Luvs; we've never had leakage and they fit my "big" kids well
    Loved Huggies Overnites

We couldn't find a store brand that worked for us.
    BJs
    BJ's brand that is the Huggies knock off
    I hate the pull up kind but that's all you can find now

We have used a lot of diapers in the past 3 1/2 years. I agree with the pp who mentioned that the "big" companies tend to redesign their diapers frequently. So technically my favorite diapers were the pampers swaddlers and cruisers but I'm sure they are not the same diaper I used 3 years ago.

1. Huggies Supremes, and White Cloud from Walmart
    2. Pampers Swaddlers gave DS a terrible rash, and both DH and I hated the very strong perfumey scent
    3. Toys R Us has good prices on large boxes, and often has $5 off coupons in their circulars. The White Cloud diapers are very inexpensive every day.
    4. Love the Target sensitive wipes. Plus, they're much cheaper than name brands.

-Ry,
    mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
    and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35775.gif
    http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast