Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default RE: Reader Poll: Disposable Diapers!

1. I use Pampers Cruisers. They work the best for DS. We've never had a leak, except when it was time to move him to the next size.
    2. Pampers Baby Dry did not work. We had numerous leaks with Baby Dry.
    3. I buy all my diapers at BJ's. We save a lot of money on diapers, and BJ's often offers $3.00 coupons for Pampers, making it even better.
    4. I've only purchased Pampers wipes, and have never had a problem. I bought unscented/sensitive when DS was a newborn. Now I buy the fresh scent. They seem to be the same thing other than scent.
    Robin

Mommy to Tristan 10/11/05 and Parker 10/31/08

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

1. What's your favorite brand of disposable diapers?
    Pampers Swaddlers size 1 and 2
    Huggies Supreme size 3 and up

2. Any diapers that did NOT work for you?
    Target and BRU generics leaked every time. Cruisers were not wide enough to fit around his chubby thighs, but they are soft and flexible. In general, Pampers are too perfumey. Luvs too stiff, caused red marks on Ds's thighs

3. Where do you find the best deals on diapers? BRU or Target on sale with coupon

4. Diaper wipes---any favorites? Any ones to avoid?
    Target sensitive in bulk box, like pampers sensitive but less expensive. Huggies natural care too stiff and didn't remove poo easily, too rough.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

jennifer13 Guest

How funny, it just goes to show that the best piece of advice is to try out a lot of different kinds to see what works for you, because everyone's experience is so different!

1. Luvs. For newborns, Pampers Swaddlers, but after that Luvs from size 1-5.

2. Huggies do not have perfume, which is a plus, but they do not control odor very well. We recently tried them and my infant always smelled like urine.

3. Cub Foods- is that local to the Midwest?- they have the same prices as Target, and is more convenient to us. Mostly we go to Target, but I was impressed with the prices at Cub.

4. I love Target soft cloth wipes. Much cheaper, and they've improved the quality.

Jennifer
    Mom to Norah 5/23/03
    and Leah 3/24/05

We mostly use cloth, but do sposies when we're travelling out of town.

Pampers Swaddlers are our favorite, by far. We haven't really had any problems, per se, with any other brands, but Huggies and Luvs just seemed so stiff and paper-y, not as comfortable for DS. The Swaddlers also seem to fit his long, skinny body well, better than the other brands.
    Our favorite wipes are Huggies (which we used to get at Costco, but they didn't have them last time). Nice and thick, good moisture content. The Kirkland brand at Costco is fine, but thinner than the Huggies and seem to be a little drier. We've also used the Pampers wipes, but again, they seemed to be thin and drier than the Huggies.
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

size 1 & 2 the huggies supreme worked well for breast fed poo
    size 3&4 pampers cruisers

Pampers baby dry leaked
    huggies regular leaked
    We battled diaper rashes for a whole year ( bleeding blistered ones) then I discovered cloth and no more rashes I saw no difference in the rashes w/ the different types of disposables but my ped suggested they didnt allow is bum to breath. Cloth was the answer

3. Where do you find the best deals on diapers?

Grocery store sales and coupons

Unsented huggies worked for us
    anything sented gave him a rash
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Canna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

1. Favorite Brand: White Cloud or Walgreens Supreme, Pampers Swaddlers

2. Pampers Cruisers and Baby Dry both cause DD to have severe contact dermatitis. We're not sure if it is from the dyes used, the fragrance, or something else. We used Swaddlers with no problems when she was smaller, but they size 3+ Pampers have not worked for us.

3. The White Cloud (Walmart) are a great deal. Otherwise: Babies R Us, Toys R Us, Walmart, Target, sometimes grocery store sales are good.

4. We love the generic fragrance-free wipes (Compare to Huggies) available in large boxes at Target and Walmart. (The wipes are identical at the two stores.)

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've wondered about the Walgreens Supreme, Are they similar to huggies supreme?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Everyday use - Pampers Swaddlers for when baby is new (ie size newborn, 1, 2). They were the only ones for us that didn't leak. Then for sizes beyond that we love Walmart White Cloud! No leaks and can't beat the price! For overnite we love Huggies Overnite.

Huggies newborns were a disaster. Leaking all the time.

White Clouds are only at Walmart, I believe. Otherwise I can get the best deals at BRU and TRU. I wait until they have their big coupon books where you get $5 off a value size box, and then I use whatever manufacturers coupons I can find. They let you combine these so that is great. And at my area store they don't seem very picky about expiration dates or if the coupon is for Cruisers instead of Swaddlers, etc. I have found that going to TRU instead of BRU can be beneficial - BRU may get low on stock but people often forget that some TRU stores have baby items too and at the same price.

Many here like the Kirkland wipes from Costco but I did not like these at all. Both Pampers and Huggies make good ones. The Pampers seem softer and not as stiff. We now buy all Target brand wipes, because they have 3-4 different kinds that imitate Pampers and Huggies brands. The boxes say "compare to Pampers sensitive" and they really are very similar. They are 1/2 to 1/3 less in cost.

mldflygirl Guest

I use cloth diapers during the day & disposables at night (and sometimes "out & about"), but I didn't start using cloth until DS was almost 4 months old.

PAMPERS - any kind. When DS was a newborn, Pampers Swaddlers were the *only* brand that fit him right. (For what it's worth, I think Pampers end up smelling stronger/worse than other brands after they're wet.) LUVS don't leak either, but the stretchy sides on Pampers make it a LOT easier to put them on a squirmy baby!

HUGGIES - leaked VERY badly when DS was a newborn, and were more prone to leaks in size 1 & 2 than Pampers or Luvs.

WAL-MART. I use coupons too. I signed up online with Pampers & get a lot of coupons from them.

FAVORITE - Huggies NaturalCare unscented: a good balance of wetness, but not TOO wet, and mild.
    AVOID - Johnson's (pink packaging - I don't remember the name): STRONGLY scented & "oily" feeling, the top half of the stack was usually too dry, and the bottom half of the stack was too wet (even if I stored them upside down!)
    ALSO AVOID - Target brand - too dry & scratchy feeling

I love the new Pampers BabyDry Flex, because they combined the good features of BabyDry (absorbency) & Cruisers (stretchy tabs for perfect fit). I think DD has less diaper rashes with the BD than Cruisers.
    I love love love Huggies wipes. They are much larger & thicker than any other brand- almost like using a small paper towel. And the dispensers are great; they are attached with a perforated line, so they actually pop up.

ETA: After reading some of the other posts I thought your readers might find this info helpful. Many ppl complain that the diapers leak. My solution was always to go up to the next size. I never follow the weight/ age guidelines from the diaper manufacturer. DD was always ready for the next size sooner than recommended.
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast