Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Reader Poll: Disposable Diapers!

1. Pampers - swaddlers and cruisers
    2. Huggies - leaked all the time
    3. I usually buy them at Babies-R-Us or Target, with coupons.
    4. I like the thickness of Huggies. Pampers are fine, but Johnson and Johnson wipes are much too dry.

kaycee14 Guest

I like the regular Huggies. My DD is very active so I like the stretchy waistband. However, when DD is a little bigger I'll be trying the Costco diapers since they are less expensive.

- ADDED 1-9-07 -----------
    Just tried the Costco diapers and don't like them. They feel really "squishy" when wet and seem to hang lower than the Huggies... nearly to Kira's knees! I took the box back to Costco and got a box of Huggies instead.
    ---------------------------

I did NOT like Pampers or Luvs - both were scented. I'm sensitive to perfumes and want to expose my DD to as few as possible. Also, I did not like the feel of the White Cloud diapers - too thin and papery.

I get my diapers at Costco. I buy other household stuff there (including the Kirkland Formula) so the membership is worth it.

I really like the Costco baby wipes. I was using the sensitive skin Huggies but when my DD had a bad diaper rash, the Huggies wipes stung her little bottom and the Costco wipes didn't.

Kathy
    Mommy to a wonderful baby girl
    http://b1.lilypie.com/IX8zm7.png

1.regular huggies,used supreme when ds was newborn.
    2.pampers-leaked w/ dd so we never used them on our son.
    3.huggies wipes, always, we love the pop up feature.
    4 diapers and wipes in bulk at sams. one stop shop.

Jen

1. What's your favorite brand of disposable diapers?
    Pampers swaddlers (Newborn & 1) & then
    I tried Pampers baby fit (is it baby dry?) for size 2 & liked that they were wide! Then I tried Huggies baby fit (?) (size 2 also) & liked that they were taller & therefore contained those 'blow-outs' that go up the back of the diaper...I think that Huggies run smaller than Pampers, so if you're going to go b/t the 2 brands, then start a size w/ Huggies & then buy that same size in Pampers.
    I haven't tried Walmart brand but do like Walgreen brand (wonder if they're the same?)

2. Any diapers that did NOT work for you?
    Huggies Ultra Supreme

3. Where do you find the best deals on diapers?
    I try & use coupons.
    Our Costco only carries Huggies brand (I would love to buy Kirkland after reading about it but I've never seen it),so I use Huggies for bigger/toddler diapers.
    Walgreen Brand is a god buy.

4. Diaper wipes---any favorites? Any ones to avoid?
    I love Kirkland. Just buy a big box. Target unscented are also good.

~laura
    Jonah 7/03 & Ari 7/06

westgre Guest

Huggies (not supreme),Playskool Rompers, CVS brand Supremes with Snoopy character print. The Playskool diapers are fairly new, I get them at CVS. They are similar to White Cloud in that they have the elastic across the top of the front of the diaper, but they also have it in the back, and stretchy tabs.
    We can't use Pampers or Luvs -- the perfume causes major diaper rash on both my kids.
    Sometimes CVS has buy one get one free deals on their brand of diaper. Otherwise, usually buying a box of Huggies at WalMart, using a coupon is my best deal.
    We love Huggies Fragrance Free Natural Care wipes. Again, we can't use any wipes with scent in them -- they cause diaper rash on both my kids. I did really like the Pampers sensitive I got as a gift, but they're way too expensive to buy myself. Generic wipes don't really work well for me. I like to tear my wipes in half to use them and tearing generics is always hard.

shilo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

1. short answer: pampers swaddlers N, 1 and 2. huggies supremes size 3 and huggies regular giglastic size 4. long answer: initially, we tried several brands (both kinds of pampers, both kinds of huggies, luvs and the generic target brand) and found that the pampers swaddlers worked the best for us for sizes N, 1 and 2, with the huggies supremes being a close second, especially when pampers switched to the swaddlers with the yellow tabs. the one's with the yellow tabs leaked (thru the material of the dipe itself, not out the sides for my DS) and had stronger perfume, so i wish they would have stuck with the model we were using for most of the first 6 mos we were using them. about this same time, my ds was ready to move up to size 3's and we tried cruisers, and apparently they had just re-tooled these as well from what i read here and other places. not only did they leak for him, but i hated the mesh (smeared poop everywhere) and loathed the unbearably strong perfume (to my sense of smell). so i tried the huggies supremes and regular again and was happier with the supremes. we continued with the supremes until we moved up to size 4, when i ended up with a package of the newly redesigned regular huggies. they worked just as well for us, even most overnights, so we've been with those ever since.

2. not happy with the redesigned swaddlers and especially the redesigned cruisers. didn't like baby dry at all, luvs and the target generic were too stiff and papery and left his butt red.

3. my local safeway has the best deal when they put them on club card purchase. i save up my coupons and use them at the same time and get them down into the per-dipe range of costco without having to spend on the membership. the amazon deal is a close second when i remember to hit it just right.

4. i liked the pampers sensative for the first six mos, and then switched to the huggies natural care (green package) after that. i don't mind the target sensative but don't like the regular target ones (too scratchy - leave him red). in general, i prefer the 'pop up' type to the continuous sheet type in terms of dispenser style.

all in all, i think what matters most in terms of the 'best' diaper and wipes is just what fits/ works with your individual kids body the best. one's not necessarily better than any other, and what leaks for one is just what another needs. i personally am pretty sensative to heavy perfumes, so even if the fit was right for DS on the cruisers, i would still have searched something else out just b/c of the smell.

lori
    Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

amw Guest

Huggies regular or supreme
    Luv's - I didn't like that the tabs were not stretchy and the fit didn't seem right
    Wal Mart White Cloud - leaked for us
    I shop at Target. I usually stock up when they are on sale and I use coupons
    I love the Huggies sensitive skin wipes. They have a neutral smell unlike some of the other overly scented wipes. They are thick enough to get the job done.

Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default delete

delete - repost!

Sam's Club "Member's Mark" brand
    Albertson's "Baby Basics" brand

Wal-Mart White Cloud - leaked all over the place.

Sam's Club

Favorite wipes are Pampers or Target's generic Pampers. Avoid Sam's Club Member's Mark - rough and stinky!

AddiesMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

1- Fav brand: Swaddlers and Cruisers. When DD was 'in-between' a newborn size and size 1 (needed length, not width) we used BRU/TRU's Especially for Baby Supreme-sz 1 as they run a little more narrow than Swaddlers 1. It was a great 'in-between' size for a long and thin infant. If you go to BRU they have free samples to try in the Mother's Room, that's how I tried them! Once DD was sleeping 12 hours and wearing a size 4 Cruiser, we use Huggies Overnight which are a P.I.T.A. to find.

2- Did not work: Pampers Baby Dry. I heard they improved them a few months ago with the Catepillar Flex, but I am still tramuatized by the old ones. I tried a free sample I got in the mail and put DD in her Deluxe Jumparoo. That evening we had to shampoo the carpet and use every type of stain remover known to man.

3- Best Deals: BJ's for Cruisers. Sometimes they do a larger version of the box (174 vs 140) that for $2 more you get 34 more Cruisers so always check the end-caps of the asiles! Also, sshhhhhhh.... if you buy diapers in smaller packs at Walgreen's, Target, etc... you can use Easy-Up's coupons on Swaddlers and Cruisers and vice-versa. So cut out all the coupons from the Sunday paper so you can use a coupon on each pack! On diapers hard to find like Huggies Overnights, if they go on sale and they are sold out get a Rain Check! I just had a rain check for 4 packs, happened to get a four $1.50 off coupons meanwhile and got them when they were back in stock (full price $9) for $6 each!

Pampers coupons typically run the P&G Brand-Saver insert the 1st Sunday of each month. Plus, sign up on all the websites to get free samples. At BJ's once you start buying baby products they will occasionally send coupons in the mail. Also check the table at the entrance of BJ's for more coupons, sometimes they have a $3 off Pampers coupon (again, you can use Swaddlers on Cruisers and vice versa!)

4-Diaper wipes: I used at first Pampers Sensitive but they are not very wet, so I switched to Pampers Unscented Aloe. Tried Huggies but they are almost too thick. This is bizarre, we like the Huggies box better, so have all Huggies boxes in our house and re-fill them with Pampers wipes. When the box gets low it is hard to get a wipe out of a Pampers box, but the huggies box has a flexible opening that it is easier to the wipe out.
    - Michelle

Addison 11/9/05

Go Red Sox!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast