Thread: Bio

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Bio

Okay, I haven't posted a bio anywhere else yet, so I guess I'll be the first one here! My name is Lauren, I am a 25 year-old SAHM to Elizabeth Liana (Liza - 2/3/98) and Kasey Rebecca (Kasey - 2/8/01), and I've been married to my dh Duke for almost 6 years. He is a PhD medicinal research chemist for GlaxoSmithKline. We live in Spring City, PA where we bought our first home (yay!!!) almost 2 years ago. Duke and I met while I was an undergrad at a small college in Boston (Wheelock College) and he was a grad student in chemistry at Harvard University. At the time, I was a child life major, which is, essentially, play therapy with hospitalized children. For several years before I got married, I was a very active volunteer at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, working with children in both the in-patient and out-patient oncology (cancer) units. Midway through college, though, I found out I was instore for a little surprise - Liza!!! - so I left college then to be a SAHM and have enjoyed every minute of it. Admittedly, it was rough going in the beginning - Liza was born 3 months before my 21st birthday and my dh was working 15 hours a day, 7 days a week in grad school. He graduated when Liza was 2 1/2 years-old and I found out I was pregnant with Kasey 2 days after his graduation - talk about an exciting time! We hope to start trying to get pregnant again before the year is out and eventually I am hoping to teach pre-school once the youngest starts school. I love these message boards - the stories and advice has been invaluable! Thanks for "listening"!
    -Lauren

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Bio

Just wanted to say welcome!

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

twins r fun Guest

Thanks for sharing your bio! It's nice to officially meet you!

Nicole

jojo2324 Guest

Welcome!