Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Rhonda36 Guest

Default RE: Anyone else in their 9th month?

me, me, me!

Due May 11th with our first (it's a surprise), and absolutely don't think that I'll make it until then. Still working full-time and dreaming up ways of how to get out of it (any ideas?)... baby might be dropping a little, but it's little tush is still tucked up under my ribs so I get out of breath just TALKING. My DH thinks that's funny.... men.

As for Aries babies -- I'm actually holding out for a Taurus. I'm a Scorpio and dated an Aries once. We don't need that kind of friction in our house!!

Hang in there, girls.
    Rhonda

zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

i feel s o s l o w
    i actually had DH put his hand on my bottom to push propel me up the steps yesterday cause i totally ran out of steam halfway up. it feels like her shoulders are in my pelvis. when i sit down in the bathroom i feel like i am IN the toilette. according to my doctor, that "gas" i've been having is actually lots of contractions. i thought it was just the baby moving around and my body saying 'hey, there's no room, give the muscles a second to adjust' but i guess it's really the other way around, the uterus contracting and the baby saying 'hey there's no room, so i am going to ram my foot out your side'.

the aries thing cracks me up! it got so out of control last week that i almost completely exploded about it. this is what put me over the edge:
    MIL: "so, i was talking to my girlfriend and i said, 'you know, i think that girl is trying to thwart me and have a taurus.' "
    self: (eyes rolling back in head, temples pounding, teeth clenched) "Mmmmm."
    Yes, she referred to me as "that girl".
    DH is on 'deal with your mother' duty from here on out.

i cannot figure out the motive, since i finally looked it up out of curiosity. if you put a lot of stock in the astrological personality profiles, a taurus would be very harmonious with DH and my personalities, and an aries would be SUCH an ongoing trial. and, my OB is out of town til my due date. who would wish a stand-in doctor on a first-timer? not nice! oh well, we've almost made it to the cut off, april 19. she left a message on our voicemail yesterday. "(long, deep withering sigh) i guess this baby's going to be a taurus." click. yaaaaargh!

i do hope we go to the due date so we have a license for one last romantic interlude ;) ... though i'd rather run nekkid through a pack of hungry bears with an arse coated in honey than have pitocin from all the tales i've read. so, we're planning on an april 30 dinner at Caioti, an LA restaurant with a 10+ year reputation for a labor-inducing salad! a secret balsamic vinegar is supposed to be the magic ingredient...

sunny2003 Guest

Oh Zen - that is too funny! Hope no one has to rub honey anywhere with hungry bears around - but what have you heard on pitocin? I also wonder why your mil is obsessed with an Aries baby? Of course my mother has told me that I must wear long sleeves and pants for a month after the baby is born to ward off arthritis - let's hope it's not too hot when she comes to visit!

At my 38 week checkup this week, my ob told me she thinks I will go the distance as well to my due date and that the baby will be 8.5 lbs! Yikes! Well, that's not much of a surprise since dh and I were both over 8 lb-ers! and she also is on vaca until the 28th, 2 days after my due date - but we'll see how it all pans out! I'm just glad we finally got our taxes in since that was hanging over our heads!!

Here's to a romantic dinner for you and a yummy salad!

StaceyKim Guest

I am still waiting for the baby to arrive! I am now a week late and the doctor will induce next week if I don't go on my own. They will be using Pitocin. Anyone have good experiences getting labor induced with Pitocin????

Going for a long walk....hoping to get labor going!!!

Rhonda36 Guest

Okay, I've had it -- I'm biting the bullet and going out on leave next week. I don't care what my boss says (he's got me cataloging and moving heavy oil paintings around today... normally I would say fuhgetaboutit, but maybe it will put me into labor and that would show him!).

And then there's my sister -- five years younger than me with two girls ages 10 and 6. So I'm whining a little yesterday about the really rough day I had the other day, lots of contractions, felt a little queasy, couldn't get comfy, etc. And she called me a PANSY. Can you believe it? I wanted to reach through the phone and throttle her (good thing she's 1/2 the country away). She's such a know-it-all anyways (like never leave the window open at night in the baby's room... hello? we don't have air conditioning and what if it's 90 degrees out???). I guess I would have had an easier pregnancy if I wasn't 36 instead of 21 like she was when she had her first...

And I still haven't forgiven her for her comment about my choice to use cloth diapers -- she said "I hope they leak all over you and your house smells." Nice, huh?

Whew. Thanks for letting me vent. I needed that. Only a few days left for those Aries babies -- bring on Taurus!!!!

Rhonda
    EDD 5/10/03

Yeah, I loved when my sister said, "Really...I only gained 12 pounds in my pregnancy." Like that was nice to hear! Thankfully we have different mothers...I can't imagine sharing all of the same genes with such an insensitive being!

Hang in there...my only hope is that the dr. said I was 1 1/2 - 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced as of Thursday. He said he thought the baby would come by Wednesday... Though I know it could still be weeks, but for some reason when he was talking this week it gave me some hope! Although, on the other hand I'm so freaked out---ohmigosh---we're really having a baby!

Jamie
    EDD 5/9/03

Hi Jamie,
    I'm due 5/9 too! Although I'm NOT in a hurry if you can belive that! I have 3 other kids (almost 12, 9, and 4.5 yrs) and this is my last so it's a bit bittersweet to end the pregnancy! I'm usually about a week late too so mentally I'm hanging in there well. My sleep IS starting to suffer a bit but other than that I'm feeling great. I'm carrying very low so I can breathe just fine and amazingly don't have to go to the bathroom constantly (baby's head is not engaged yet). I do have to go once at night though!

I'm sending all my labor vibes your way! I do hope you deliver way before me! Send any *late labor vibes* my way - I'll take em!

Maria
    Maria
    ~Mama to 4~
    ~Foster mama to baby girl R born 8/08~

sweetbasil Guest

I'm due the end of June (ugh) and had one of the most humiliating experiences of my life tonight. So embarrassing, I wouldn't post it in the lounge for everyone to see....

We got a new bed for DS and it was delivered and setup on Monday. Every morning and every afternoon when he wakes up, he asks me to lay down with him- so I've done that 4 times with no problem. Well, the stairs were causing a nice knife-stabbing pain in my lower-baby tummy area, so while DH gave DS a bath, I decided to rest on DS's bed. It's a twin, with a nice wooden frame, and I was laying in the very middle of it, weight evenly distributed, catching my breath tonight when- you guessed it- the bed collapsed. I'm already irritated about how much weight I've gained (still 20+ lbs less than with my first pregnancy), and then this. I stayed calm as I called DH in and asked if we could switch duties for a while, but eventually burst into tears (of course). He stopped working on the bed and hugged me, gave me the sweetest little pep talk about how I was the best home our little baby could ever grow in, that I've never been more beautiful, etc....but still, how discouraging!

Turns out, the installers only used half of the screws that were provided (the little baggie-full was still stapled inside the bedframe, unopened), so it took DH less than 10 min. to get the thing put together (better than before), but I was still pretty hesitant to sit on the edge of the bed with DH and DS during story/prayer time tonight. It held up fine, but I'm gonna rethink laying with DS after naps from now on!

Is it June yet? :'(

Rhonda36 Guest

aw, Julie... you poor thing. I've been silently looking at the permanent dent I've made in the couch cushions and trying to look the other way. Your husband sounds like such a sweetie. Those delivery men should be strung up by their... toes.

Hang in there. As the midwife said at my appointment yesterday, there's never been a case of a woman being pregnant forever.

Rhonda
    Now 3 days late with little surprise Taurus baby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2